Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 75 MPH 600 +HP? Looking to go 80+

AMANGO
    I also have a delta bottom we run our loader 1/4'' below keel and hang shoe 1/4'' below as well .this works well on our set up. also we run a 3 1/16 FTN
    how heavy is your hull ? pic of it running top end would help!
    On your set up do you run a droop? Or wedges + or _ degree on the wedges? being a delta bottom just wondering. Thanks

496jet
    Yes i run a droop with no wedge. when i put the droop on i went 2 mph
    faster.

AMANGO
    Has anyone tried the ARS marine Adapt a shoe and ride plate kit that does not require machining Will this case to much drag? from my understanding all shoes stick down below Keel.What kind of top end MPH gain?

DonziGT230
    About your PCV; it read as tho you're going to keep the PCV and block off the breather?--DON"T!! At light throttle you'll probably have a lot of vacuum in the block and under load may pressurize it. You can safely eliminate the PCV and replace it with another breather tho. I can't say much for the pump & hull stuff, but I know engines.

AMANGO
    Thinking of going to a roller cam as well. Here are a few cam grinds I'm looking at?
    Schneider Roller Cams
    429/460 Ford
    Grind # 306-14R, Rocker Ratio 1.73, Lobe 110, Degree intake lobe to 108.
    Lift .657-666 @ 306x314 Duration Now at 50 Lift 380x385 @ 50 272x284 This is a very good Nitrous Cam
    OR
    429/460 Ford
    Grind # 296-R, Rocker Ratio 1.73, Lobe 108, Degree intake lobe to 106.
    Lift .631 @ 296 Duration Now at 50 Lift 365 @ 50 268 This is a very good Nitrous Cam.
    What kind of HP gains and RPM? currently running 5600 RPM
    I'm also working on the heads. Porting the exhaust side and intake to SCJ port size as close as i can get! the exhaust side has been improved a lot a little to much i grinded a hole in one of the exh ports, but weld and re grind.

simple_mindedness
    this may not be exactly what you may be looking for but have you considered a snoot instead of a droop? just a thought i know that this really helped squirtcha
    http://hi-techperformance.com/images/Cast_Snoot_Web.jpg

AMANGO
    I might have to try a Straight snoot. I'm going to add a shoe and ride plate First Fix a few other little things and be back in the water next summer. I was still experimenting with a 2 and 4 degree wedge when i ran into a fuel pump problem it wasn't keeping up with the fuel demand it was running dry on top end. Straight Snoot looks good Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234