Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Havasu City. Give us your opinions please

Havasu1986
    OUCH, so I'm a scubbag drug dealing thief?
    I have never had any contractor issues, nor been ripped off. This town is no differebt than Las Vegas when it comes to problems. It just happens to be much smaller so you see more. The same case could be made if this guy was asking for opinions on moving to the L.A. area.
    Actually Todd. I thought you were the guy that went and cleaned up the beaches that the few scum bags that come here left there.
    I have owned a home here...well since 1986 and I quess I just don't see what other people claim to see. I built the RV garage in my avatar as a owner building and all the subs were there on time and did what they said they would. And this was 5 years ago when Havasu was booming in construction.
    I think the few scum bags just hang out with other scum bags and can't see the city for what it is.
    And that all I have to say about that...quote by Forrest Gump.

Todd969
    You know the story, can't please everyone.

SummitKarl
    You know the story, can't please everyone.
    I am beting "imbvds" is one of those that HELOC'd there way into a mess and is sore about it....:idea:
    oh and $350 is alot of money to me you damn BALLER!!!!!

Mrs.Racer277
    Jobs and shopping is what Havasu needs. I would love to live there.

SummitKarl
    Jobs and shopping is what Havasu needs. I would love to live there.
    you do......2/7ths of the time
    your boat ready yet? ain't been by to see the boy for a couple of weeks

HDF WATERDOG
    I love it and can't wait to move there.

3 daytona`s
    I was a frequent visitor to Havasu since I was about 4 years old. (now 44)
    In 1999 I purchased my dream home in Havasu and thought everything was going to be great. Havasu has 2 types of people. People with money but not rich and the scum. The scum far out number the good people. Don't try to have anything done in Havasu as the worker or the scum are glade to take your money to do the job and then they if they show up to do the work they show up drunk or messed up on drugs. (Drugs are a HUGE problem in Havasu)
    Usually they don't show up though and you can find them in a local bar complaining how there is no work and that they don't have any money.
    My dream became a NIGHTMARE! The scum will rob you blind and just hope they don't live anywhere near you as there will be fights, drug deals and so on going on. By the way, they are everywhere, so they WILL be near you.
    Needless to say, I sold my boat, house and everything associated with Havasu and took EVERY penny out of that city and reinvested it in a good area.
    Bottom line is HAVASU SUCKS for a place to live! OK to visit once in the while but I try to spend as little as possible in that city as I bring everything I need with me and leave all my trash for the trash there.
    Good luck with your decision.
    I feel a bit harsh,but on the other hand do agree with some of your thoughts. I guess now I see why we have 3 Police officers for each resident:idea:

Todd969
    3 per resident? Where's that?

3 daytona`s
    3 per resident? Where's that?
    Please,agree with me it is difficult to approach a 4-wqay stop with out a Havasu PD vehicle at some place.It is as CRIME is rampant here:jawdrop:

Todd969
    Please,agree with me it is difficult to approach a 4-wqay stop with out a Havasu PD vehicle at some place.It is as CRIME is rampant here:jawdrop:
    Hello, I'm blind!!! I rarely come across any officers in town. Now my driveway, that's another story.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast