Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: President Barack Obama

donzi5150
    The Only Votes Obama Got We're From The Ignorant Young The Ignorant Minority And Just The Plain Ignorant .......SAD BUT TRUE
    Blown and X aren’t ignorant that are just "Grossly Misguided!"
    Blown, I swung, but you and your candidate can't catch......

Blown 472
    Blown and X aren’t ignorant that are just "Grossly Misguided!"
    Blown, I swung, but you and your candidate can't catch......
    Yeah I should watch fox news and cnn and what ever else you sheepeople watch.

Poster X
    You're never rich with borrowed money.
    Do you remember Pres. Clinton's speech regarding loans secured with "character". Seems almost funny now doesn't it?
    The drop in fuel costs is anything but voluntary.
    And alas, we've come back to Lott, find one good man and I will spare mankind.
    How many more con men are on the verge of being discovered?
    CC
    Fuel costs are manipulated based on what fear will bring in the open market. Usually, it's quite a bit.
    So, you support a system where a man is not judged by the content of his character? The greatest generation and all those prior made most of their decisions (financial and personal) based on the content of a man's character. Although there are exceptions to every rule... they fared pretty well overall - and the morality of their society exceeded anything we've replaced it with using credit ratings, background checks and personal wealth.
    We have yet to reach the apex of "con men" not yet caught. It is these con men who devastated our system, not poor people buying more than they could afford. It was exploitation of the system, not the system itself that destroyed our economic base. Just for giggles, look into the political affiliations of these mega buck charlatans and see what you come up with. I promise you a concensus of a particular political party. Hmmm?

centerhill condor
    Fuel costs are manipulated based on what fear will bring in the open market. Usually, it's quite a bit.
    So, you support a system where a man is not judged by the content of his character? The greatest generation and all those prior made most of their decisions (financial and personal) based on the content of a man's character. Although there are exceptions to every rule... they fared pretty well overall - and the morality of their society exceeded anything we've replaced it with using credit ratings, background checks and personal wealth.
    It is these con men who devastated our system, not poor people buying more than they could afford. It was exploitation of the system, not the system itself that destroyed our economic base.
    You throw around words like character, integrity, leadership and morality as if they can be bought in the veggie dept.
    Only in the last 50 years have we the money to "buy off" adverse consequences of immorality to which we've become accustomed.
    Any "system" that takes from "the rich" to give to "the poor" via the awesome power of the state is the very antithesis of this character you mention. That generation you referenced fought and died to protect you from such a "system".
    How does a "con man" differ from the poor getting more house than they could afford? Is it the dollar amount? or education? or intent? or foreclosure?
    It appears as if you believe that every problem has a financial solution. You'll grow out of this set of training wheels, as well.
    CC

Poster X
    You throw around words like character, integrity, leadership and morality as if they can be bought in the veggie dept.CC
    I'm afraid I do not. Unfortunately integrity is fairly rare these days. I find myself thanking someone for having it, when in fact, it should be expected.
    Only in the last 50 years have we the money to "buy off" adverse consequences of immorality to which we've become accustomed.
    CC
    Buy off adverse consequences of immorality? You can buy off immorality? I didn't know that. The concept of even being able to "buy" your way out of the disintegration of American morality is in fact... immoral.
    Any "system" that takes from "the rich" to give to "the poor" via the awesome power of the state is the very antithesis of this character you mention. That generation you referenced fought and died to protect you from such a "system".
    CC
    Here in the trailer park our forefathers did not die so that greedy businessmen and amoral politicians could rob the state coffers and blame people for being poor whilst they skipped the light fandango in the Hamptons and Dubai. As a matter of fact, sometimes we think being poor can be a badge of honor because it sometimes means one deferred financial gain from ill gotten opportunities as a matter of principle. That being said, you cannot surmise the depths of a mans character by his pocket book. Either rich or poor. You cannot provide me an example of any democrat wanting to rob from the rich and give to the poor. All you can site is a tax increase for those who can afford it. I doubt that's you because you haven't exercized a great deal of intellect to date that would indicate you have earning power in the first place. If I'm wrong... congrats. You slipped through the cracks. They say the poor fight 80% of the battles. If that's true, it is my forefathers who died for you. God bless them.
    How does a "con man" differ from the poor getting more house than they could afford? Is it the dollar amount? or education? or intent? or foreclosure?
    It appears as if you believe that every problem has a financial solution. You'll grow out of this set of training wheels, as well.
    CC
    In psychological terms it is called manipulation. I refer you to Dr. Edward Bernay for a more in depth analysis of the phenomenon. Wall Street and Madison Avenue makes a pretty comfortable living doing it.
    Not every problem has a financial solution. However, financial problems do have a financial solution (as a rule.)
    A couple quick questions of my own.
    How old are you and how long have you been working for your Daddy?

donzi5150
    His state is in disgrace, his replacement in the senate rejected, his Chief of Staff a person of interest in an investigation, his Sec. of Commerce bowing out because of a Play to Play investigation, Panetta with absolute no intelligence experience nominated for the highest Intel position and the enemy though out the election process and a memeber of one of the most vengeful political families in America as his number 3......does any one see this train wreck?:idea:

Sundance
    The train has already gone off the tracks. It's just looking for a cliff to go over. We knew about Slinky Bill a long time ago in New Mexico.
    Food for thought!
    Richardson was in Clinton's Cabinet. They drank and partied together. Richardson runs for Pres. bows out. Who does he support?
    Obama! Clinton was not happy! Who is one of the most Powerful politicans in the US? Clinton!
    Put 2+2 together. Do you think Richardson's investegation may have some political pay back behind it.
    You don't **** with Clinton, unless your name is Monica!
    Amazingly my wife was the one that came up with that. I don't give her enough credit.

centerhill condor
    PBO is gonna ask for an economic stimulus package of $775 billion dollars over two years. Speculation regarding a give away tax cut for those that don't make enough to pay income taxes of roughly $300 B. Throw in the Congress and I predict it'll be a trillion.
    So, lets throw out some scale for those of you that can't imagine a check with 12 zeros on the left of the decimal. 31,000 years ago neanderthals
    were still trying to make fire.
    In today's money, the apollo space program ('61 to '72) cost $140B, the atomic bomb comes in at $29B, the Louisiana purchase $261m if you prefer as % of gdp it'd be $409B, Panama canal a steal at $7B, the interstate hwy system was suppossed to take 12 years and $25B actually took 35 years and cost $800B in today's money.
    Only WWII, the big one, tipped the trillion dollar mark....$17 trillion in today's dollars with 16 million troops and four years!
    Say what you want about PBO...but he certainly isn't afraid of spending your grandkids money!
    CC

Blown 472
    God bless gdumbya, for he does no wrong.

Poster X
    PBO is gonna ask for an economic stimulus package of $775 billion dollars over two years. Speculation regarding a give away tax cut for those that don't make enough to pay income taxes of roughly $300 B. Throw in the Congress and I predict it'll be a trillion.
    So, lets throw out some scale for those of you that can't imagine a check with 12 zeros on the left of the decimal. 31,000 years ago neanderthals
    were still trying to make fire.
    In today's money, the apollo space program ('61 to '72) cost $140B, the atomic bomb comes in at $29B, the Louisiana purchase $261m if you prefer as % of gdp it'd be $409B, Panama canal a steal at $7B, the interstate hwy system was suppossed to take 12 years and $25B actually took 35 years and cost $800B in today's money.
    Only WWII, the big one, tipped the trillion dollar mark....$17 trillion in today's dollars with 16 million troops and four years!
    Say what you want about PBO...but he certainly isn't afraid of spending your grandkids money!
    CC
    You'd have a little credibility on those points had you not supported the President that created the deficits, (soon to be depression) and corporate bailouts that cost the first two trillion dollars in history. Your omission of these facts only illuminates what we already know... you're chomping at the bit to shuck responsibility and dispalce fault. Is there a smart Republican around here I can talk to? I ask only because, it really is going to take a nonpartisan solution to an overwhelmingly partisan problem created by ignorance, graft and cronyism.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast