freed the country of Iraq from Sadaam's evil rule with a coalition of the willing. Liberated the Afghans from the taliban. Negotiated with Libya and DPRK to do away with their nuke weapon program.
Protected you from "the base".
Rebuilt our military into the world's premier fighting force. Helped burst the oil bubble.
He reaffirmed the definition of the word "is". Made some first rate appointments to the federal judiciary.
made some very unpopular decisions that had to be made which became low hangin' fruit for your conversations.
On balance, I think he did a good job. You may disagree but as is said frequently, hindsight is 20/20.
I wish him well.
CC
Stood by and did absolutely nothing when the most horrific natural disaster in US history hit one of country's major cities; appointed his cronies to FEMA and DHS leadership when they were totally unqualified to do so; praised them for doing a "heckuva job"
Did irreparable damage to America's reputation around the world, ignored Geneva conventions, endorsed torture of prisoners, putting our own soldiers at risk when they are captured, invaded a country with faulty intelligence and with no exit strategy, claimed we would be greeted as liberators. Didn't quite work out that way did it??
And my personal favorite from someone who calls himself a conservative - in the last 8 yrs, the national debt MORE THAN DOUBLED and the dollar reached historic low values against other currencies.
Promised to completely re-do the onerous fed tax code; whatever happened to that? The tax code is basically he same as it was when he took office.
Called himself "the great uniter" during his 2000 campaign; I don't know about you, but I feel like the country is more polarized now than at any time throughout history.
Worst of all, his crappy administration set us up for 4 yrs of Barack Obama, Tom Daschle and Hillary F'n Clinton growing the federal government exponentially, raising taxes across the board, driving more and more investment overseas and creating a welfare state with their entitlement programs. I would almost rather have McCain and that idiot Palin in the White House but it would keep me up at night thinking that woman was one breath away from the presidency