Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: List of prez bush's achivements

Blown 472
    you can't fix stupid!
    I recall all these Cali, FLA and AZ residents with their home values doubling and max'd out helocs for $400k boats 'cause the good times are never gonna end...well, guess what they did and maxine, barney, nancy et al are pounding their fists 'cause the good times are gone.
    You will look back on those day with envy, rage, disgust and look at your bowl of gruel with gratitude. You can't borrow your way out of debt...and who has yet to understand this little nugget? the fed, state, and locals...their day is on the calander.
    make note to self. you will remember the day the markets seized as you remember 9/11.
    CC
    Shit storm is coming, wonder how tha masses will react? me I am loading up on ammo.:idea:

donzi5150
    According to exit polls taken this election, only approximately 10% of the voters out there listed terrorism (to include the war in Iraq) and homeland security as their main concern. So, apparently, the Bush administration is doing something rightÂ…making Americans feel safe again.
    But again, Russia and China's Presidents are preparing trips to Cuba, Venezuala, and Boliva after 8 years (Clintons presidency) ........keep loading and buy more magazines!:idea:

reddragon
    freed the country of Iraq from Sadaam's evil rule with a coalition of the willing. Liberated the Afghans from the taliban. Negotiated with Libya and DPRK to do away with their nuke weapon program.
    Protected you from "the base".
    Rebuilt our military into the world's premier fighting force. Helped burst the oil bubble.
    He reaffirmed the definition of the word "is". Made some first rate appointments to the federal judiciary.
    made some very unpopular decisions that had to be made which became low hangin' fruit for your conversations.
    On balance, I think he did a good job. You may disagree but as is said frequently, hindsight is 20/20.
    I wish him well.
    CC
    Stood by and did absolutely nothing when the most horrific natural disaster in US history hit one of country's major cities; appointed his cronies to FEMA and DHS leadership when they were totally unqualified to do so; praised them for doing a "heckuva job"
    Did irreparable damage to America's reputation around the world, ignored Geneva conventions, endorsed torture of prisoners, putting our own soldiers at risk when they are captured, invaded a country with faulty intelligence and with no exit strategy, claimed we would be greeted as liberators. Didn't quite work out that way did it??
    And my personal favorite from someone who calls himself a conservative - in the last 8 yrs, the national debt MORE THAN DOUBLED and the dollar reached historic low values against other currencies.
    Promised to completely re-do the onerous fed tax code; whatever happened to that? The tax code is basically he same as it was when he took office.
    Called himself "the great uniter" during his 2000 campaign; I don't know about you, but I feel like the country is more polarized now than at any time throughout history.
    Worst of all, his crappy administration set us up for 4 yrs of Barack Obama, Tom Daschle and Hillary F'n Clinton growing the federal government exponentially, raising taxes across the board, driving more and more investment overseas and creating a welfare state with their entitlement programs. I would almost rather have McCain and that idiot Palin in the White House but it would keep me up at night thinking that woman was one breath away from the presidency

reddragon
    freed the country of Iraq from Sadaam's evil rule with a coalition of the willing. Liberated the Afghans from the taliban. Negotiated with Libya and DPRK to do away with their nuke weapon program.
    Protected you from "the base".
    Rebuilt our military into the world's premier fighting force. Helped burst the oil bubble.
    He reaffirmed the definition of the word "is". Made some first rate appointments to the federal judiciary.
    made some very unpopular decisions that had to be made which became low hangin' fruit for your conversations.
    On balance, I think he did a good job. You may disagree but as is said frequently, hindsight is 20/20.
    I wish him well.
    CC
    Stood by and did absolutely nothing when the most horrific natural disaster in US history hit one of country's major cities; appointed his cronies to FEMA and DHS leadership when they were totally unqualified to do so; praised them for doing a "heckuva job"
    Did irreparable damage to America's reputation around the world, ignored Geneva conventions, endorsed torture of prisoners, putting our own soldiers at risk when they are captured, invaded a country with faulty intelligence and with no exit strategy, claimed we would be greeted as liberators. Didn't quite work out that way did it??
    And my personal favorite from someone who calls himself a conservative - in the last 8 yrs, the national debt MORE THAN DOUBLED and the dollar reached historic low values against other currencies.
    Promised to completely re-do the onerous fed tax code; whatever happened to that? The tax code is basically he same as it was when he took office.
    Called himself "the great uniter" during his 2000 campaign; I don't know about you, but I feel like the country is more polarized now than at any time throughout history.
    Worst of all, his crappy administration set us up for 4 yrs of Barack Obama, Tom Daschle and Hillary F'n Clinton growing the federal government exponentially, raising taxes across the board, driving more and more investment overseas and creating a welfare state with their entitlement programs. I would almost rather have McCain and that idiot Palin in the White House but it would keep me up at night thinking that woman was one breath away from the presidency

SeaSlut
    "the base"?????
    Al "gnikcuf" Qaida.
    The Bush administration prevented many further terrorist attacks.
    YouTube Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZjpCK02s3A

Blown 472
    Al "gnikcuf" Qaida.
    The Bush administration prevented many further terrorist attacks.
    YouTube Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZjpCK02s3A
    Sure he did, you just keep drinking tha kool aid.

SeaSlut
    Sure he did, you just keep drinking tha kool aid.
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/...ror/index.html
    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Shortly after 9/11, al Qaeda began planning to use shoe bombers to hijack a commercial airplane and fly it into the tallest building in Los Angeles, California, President Bush said Thursday.
    The details were the first from the administration about the West Coast airliner plot, which was thwarted in 2002 and initially disclosed by the White House last year.
    The plot was set in motion by Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the alleged mastermind of the September 11, 2001, attacks, a month after the airplanes crashed into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, Bush said. It involved terrorists from al Qaeda's Southeast Asia wing, Jemaah Islamiyah. (Watch Bush's disclosure on the timing and location -- 1:45)
    "Rather than use Arab hijackers, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed sought out young men from Southeast Asia whom he believed would not arouse as much suspicion," Bush said.
    Mohammed was captured in Pakistan in 2003.
    Bush said the plotters planned to use shoe bombs to breach the cockpit door and hijack the plane.
    At a later briefing, Bush's homeland security adviser, Fran Townsend, said the leader of the four-man cell that was planning the attack had been arrested in 2003.
    She did not identify him, but said he was trained personally by Mohammed "in the shoe bomb technique."
    "You'll all recall that there was the arrest of the shoe bomber Richard Reid in December of 2001, and he was instructing the cell leader on the use of the same technique," Townsend said, but later added it was not clear if Reid was directly involved in the Los Angeles plot.
    Reid pleaded guilty in 2002 to trying to blow up a trans-Atlantic airplane with explosives he had hidden in his shoes. Intelligence indicated Reid reported to Mohammed.
    U.S. authorities don't have details on the West Coast plot, such as whether a specific flight was targeted or a day scheduled, Townsend said.
    She added that the hijacking was intended to be part of the 9/11 attacks, but Osama bin Laden instructed the terrorists to focus solely on the East Coast that day.
    "It's our understanding now that it was too difficult to get enough operatives for both the East and West Coast plots at the same time," she said.
    Al Qaeda's Southeast Asia leader, known as Hambali, had recruited Jemaah Islamiyah operatives for the plot, Bush said. Hambali was arrested in 2003 in Thailand, five months after Mohammed was arrested in Pakistan.
    The would-be hijackers met with al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and then began preparing for the attack, which was derailed in early 2002, Bush said.
    The purported plot was one of 10 on a list first released by the White House in October. (Full story)
    The intended target of the attack was a building then known as the Library Tower. It was renamed the U.S. Bank Tower in 2003 and, at 1,018 feet, is the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. It is among the 25 tallest buildings in the world.
    Bush credited international cooperation in the war on terrorism with saving American lives.
    "The West Coast plot shows we face a relentless and determined enemy that requires unprecedented cooperation from other nations," he said. "By working together, we stopped a catastrophic attack."
    Two members of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Sens. Jay Rockefeller, D-West Virginia, and Dianne Feinstein, D-California, questioned the timing and the details of Bush's revelation.
    "It may be that they're tired of talking about the Brooklyn Bridge, and they're trying to find a different edifice of some sort," Rockefeller said.
    Added Feinstein, "All I'm saying is that's not a new revelation and I've never seen anything that indicated whether the second wave was bona fide or not."
    Emphasizing that there is no imminent threat to his city, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said during a Thursday news conference that he had already heard about the 2002 threat, but Thursday was the first time he'd learned the details. (Watch the mayor discuss the threat of terror -- 4:36)
    "The city of Los Angeles has implemented significant security measures since that time," the mayor said, explaining that security personnel at high-rise buildings throughout the city have received training in terrorism detection, evacuations and diminishing the impact of an explosion.

Blown 472
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/...ror/index.html
    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Shortly after 9/11, al Qaeda began planning to use shoe bombers to hijack a commercial airplane and fly it into the tallest building in Los Angeles, California, President Bush said Thursday.
    The details were the first from the administration about the West Coast airliner plot, which was thwarted in 2002 and initially disclosed by the White House last year.
    The plot was set in motion by Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the alleged mastermind of the September 11, 2001, attacks, a month after the airplanes crashed into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, Bush said. It involved terrorists from al Qaeda's Southeast Asia wing, Jemaah Islamiyah. (Watch Bush's disclosure on the timing and location -- 1:45)
    "Rather than use Arab hijackers, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed sought out young men from Southeast Asia whom he believed would not arouse as much suspicion," Bush said.
    Mohammed was captured in Pakistan in 2003.
    Bush said the plotters planned to use shoe bombs to breach the cockpit door and hijack the plane.
    At a later briefing, Bush's homeland security adviser, Fran Townsend, said the leader of the four-man cell that was planning the attack had been arrested in 2003.
    She did not identify him, but said he was trained personally by Mohammed "in the shoe bomb technique."
    "You'll all recall that there was the arrest of the shoe bomber Richard Reid in December of 2001, and he was instructing the cell leader on the use of the same technique," Townsend said, but later added it was not clear if Reid was directly involved in the Los Angeles plot.
    Reid pleaded guilty in 2002 to trying to blow up a trans-Atlantic airplane with explosives he had hidden in his shoes. Intelligence indicated Reid reported to Mohammed.
    U.S. authorities don't have details on the West Coast plot, such as whether a specific flight was targeted or a day scheduled, Townsend said.
    She added that the hijacking was intended to be part of the 9/11 attacks, but Osama bin Laden instructed the terrorists to focus solely on the East Coast that day.
    "It's our understanding now that it was too difficult to get enough operatives for both the East and West Coast plots at the same time," she said.
    Al Qaeda's Southeast Asia leader, known as Hambali, had recruited Jemaah Islamiyah operatives for the plot, Bush said. Hambali was arrested in 2003 in Thailand, five months after Mohammed was arrested in Pakistan.
    The would-be hijackers met with al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and then began preparing for the attack, which was derailed in early 2002, Bush said.
    The purported plot was one of 10 on a list first released by the White House in October. (Full story)
    The intended target of the attack was a building then known as the Library Tower. It was renamed the U.S. Bank Tower in 2003 and, at 1,018 feet, is the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. It is among the 25 tallest buildings in the world.
    Bush credited international cooperation in the war on terrorism with saving American lives.
    "The West Coast plot shows we face a relentless and determined enemy that requires unprecedented cooperation from other nations," he said. "By working together, we stopped a catastrophic attack."
    Two members of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Sens. Jay Rockefeller, D-West Virginia, and Dianne Feinstein, D-California, questioned the timing and the details of Bush's revelation.
    "It may be that they're tired of talking about the Brooklyn Bridge, and they're trying to find a different edifice of some sort," Rockefeller said.
    Added Feinstein, "All I'm saying is that's not a new revelation and I've never seen anything that indicated whether the second wave was bona fide or not."
    Emphasizing that there is no imminent threat to his city, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said during a Thursday news conference that he had already heard about the 2002 threat, but Thursday was the first time he'd learned the details. (Watch the mayor discuss the threat of terror -- 4:36)
    "The city of Los Angeles has implemented significant security measures since that time," the mayor said, explaining that security personnel at high-rise buildings throughout the city have received training in terrorism detection, evacuations and diminishing the impact of an explosion.
    That is great, god bless bush, glad he works for you.

centerhill condor
    Stood by and did absolutely nothing when the most horrific natural disaster in US history hit one of country's major cities.
    Katrina was the most predicted and prepared for event in US history. Really doesn't qualify as the worst when compared to San Fran's, Chicago's big fires or the quake, midwestern floods, etc.. Blame the French for building a city below sea level 400 years ago. Who gets the blame for living there?
    The Geneva convention, as written, does not apply to terrorists. You appear to have forgotten the victory in Iraq...that really bothers some folks.
    He likely won't get his face on Mt. Rushmore. But who will under the glare of revisionists? Not Lincoln for hanging newspaper editors...certainly not Jefferson for raping slaves? TR stole all that land and killed all those precious animals? Washington cut down that cherry tree.
    Maybe you'd vote for Elton John or another trend setting envelope pusher?
    CC

Sundance
    Gee, they just announced that we've been in a Recession for two years. What other secrets have they been keeping from us.
    Winning in Iraq? Right! Read something other than the funny pages. More people are killed there every week than were killed in India. Do civilans not count?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast