Thread: Folsom Lake Low Water Ramp

justfloatn
    Well at least with the water level at record lows they are going to do some ramp improvements. This bids Thursday the 18th. Looking at the plans it will be 35' wider and add a second dock No plans to make the dirt parking asphalt parking
    From the Builders Exchange....
    Description:
    This project consists of widen the existing low water boat launch ramp at Folsom Lake's Granite Bay facility in Placer Co. Construct two additional grooved concrete boat launch lanes, one on each side of the existing ramp. Excavate the soil and rock necessary to construct the ramp widening. Install two new dock guide cables to reconfigure the ramp to allow twin docks. Install a new facility sign at the parking entrance. As an additive alternate excavate the accumulated sediment blocking the entrance channel and use it to construct a berm to stabilize on-site erosion.

grads2112
    Is your company bidding on this job? If so I will throw in a few extra bucks to put a special lane/ramp for the King.

Sounds good , if they do it .Are the granite bay low water ramps at a lower level than browns ravine or folsom point ramps ?

grads2112
    Sounds good , if they do it .Are the granite bay low water ramps at a lower level than browns ravine or folsom point ramps ?
    The low water ramp is at about the same level as the Dike 8 ramp and the Hobie ramp at Browns Ravine. Once it goes below those its just the 2 lane ramp at Granite Bay and that is even out of use as of last week.

thanks for the info..... I hope the water gets high enough ,that we don't need any low water ramps...

frosted tips
    Is your company bidding on this job? If so I will throw in a few extra bucks to put a special lane/ramp for the King.I owe the king his own parking spot so step up .BAD BET .