Thread: Pantara Boats ?

Hallett19
    Anyone heard of these boats ? My neighbor has one with a smallblock and a panter jet. Its a small boat, he just didnt know anything about it.

HOOTER SLED-
    I have one. 1989 Pantera 20.5' open bow. BBC with Panther Jet. Check out my pics in my gallery. I don't know how to post them with this. I heard of Pantera Boats before I bought mine, but never had seen one. Your friends is the first (oh wait, the second) on the boards that I've heard about. From what I've been told, Pantera didn't make too many of these small hulls. I believe they used to be in Burbank or Glendale in the late 80's. I was also told they purchased molds from Haskell(?? I don't think I've heard of these hulls) and that mine was a splash of a Haskell. Pantera Boats now exists in Florida. Primarily big offshore boats. Another one of their hulls from my era was their 24'. I'm not even sure if it's the same company. They have a website. I think it's PanteraBoats.com. There is another website that has had links on these Forums. It has a bunch of different classic hulls and pics of them. There was a pic of a 24' Pantera on there. Maybe someone can remember what site I'm talking about. I can't remember the name. Anyways, hope this helps. I like my Pantera.
    Oh yea, if you get anymore info, pass it along.
    Hey, tell your friend we can start up a West Coast 2 - boat Regatta. Woo Hoo
    HOOTER
    [ July 18, 2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: HOOTER SLED- ]

HOOTER SLED-
    I have one. 1989 Pantera 20.5' open bow. BBC with Panther Jet. Check out my pics in my gallery. I don't know how to post them with this. I heard of Pantera Boats before I bought mine, but never had seen one. Your friends is the first (oh wait, the second) on the boards that I've heard about. From what I've been told, Pantera didn't make too many of these small hulls. I believe they used to be in Burbank or Glendale in the late 80's. I was also told they purchased molds from Haskell(?? I don't think I've heard of these hulls) and that mine was a splash of a Haskell. Pantera Boats now exists in Florida. Primarily big offshore boats. Another one of their hulls from my era was their 24'. I'm not even sure if it's the same company. They have a website. I think it's PanteraBoats.com. There is another website that has had links on these Forums. It has a bunch of different classic hulls and pics of them. There was a pic of a 24' Pantera on there. Maybe someone can remember what site I'm talking about. I can't remember the name. Anyways, hope this helps. I like my Pantera.
    Hey, tell your friend we can start up a West Coast 2 - boat Regatta. Woo Hoo
    HOOTER

HOOTER SLED-
    damn double post

Vicjet
    Hallet 19 I own an 18 ft panterra with a 454 bbc. the best way I can describe it, it looks identical to the boat that hbjet, has on his post. The only differance is the color. Mine is white ext and white int. But the layout of the seats are identical and the hull is to. Mine was constructed in 1990. I don't think they are in business any longer. I am aware of the company that builds a bigger offshore type boat, but for some reason ˆdon't think its the same company. happy boating Vicjet.

Cas
    Have any of you talked with Steve at Panther about those boats yet? I know that Panther bought a boat company back in the late 70's early 80's and built their own using all Panther stuff. He might be able to give you some insight on what they are.