Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: hbjet what cut imp you got??

572Daytona
    DogHouse...you are right, my Dyno sheet says 606hp. I was sandbagging I'm not sure of the exact weight, I just know that this thing is a ton heavier than my 18ft tahiti was to tow. I would say it is close to 3000lbs with motor/interior/accessories, etc

572Daytona
    Some of the fastest OB's are v-hulls, Allison's it's all down to how much hull you have left in the water when you are going fast. A tunnel helps achieve that but I'll bet at 80mph I have as much hull touching the water as you do, if not more. Now a 19' Daytona would be another story.

HBjet
    OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
    sounds like you need a tunnel to go with that hot engine then. may see triple digits then wink
    Omega For sure! I want to have a 19' CP built in a year or two with my pump and my motor. Let me ask you though, am I going to get a bunch of shit of I have CP layup the hull verses if I did it myself in the garage? What about interior? Should I measure and cut the wood, stitch the seats together? Also, should I employ an expert like Jack at MPD to cut the hull and set my pump where it should be, or should I get a jigsaw and just wing it?
    HBjet

Blown 472
    HBjet:
    Blown 472:
    HBjet:
    but you have a tunnel, completely different now so we can't compare the two.
    HBjet Why is that?? Um, a tunnel boat will always run faster then a semi V boat with the same, and even less HP.
    That's Why
    HBjet What does that have to do with hp and rpm??

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    HBjet:
    OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
    why not? I have a 1700lb boat and your's is 600lbs. you seem to compare them quite a bit. WTF you never heard of a double edged sword?Your hull alone, with nothing in it weights 1700 lbs and your running in the sixties with that motor? Pat yourself on the back then. That's good, but I highly doubt your HULL ALONE weighes 1700 lbs, maybe 700-900 max.
    HBjet net weight is around 2,000 lbs. very heavy boat.
    Omega

DogHouse
    572, that's good to hear. My buddy with the 21 Edge tunnel (similar to the Daytona) is building a motor very much like mine, and we've been wondering what to expect performance-wise from that combo. If you're running 89 on 600, sorry 606 hp ( ) and full lake trim, then I think he will be happy with his result too... wink

572Daytona
    DogHouse:
    572, that's good to hear. My buddy with the 21 Edge tunnel (similar to the Daytona) is building a motor very much like mine, and we've been wondering what to expect performance-wise from that combo. If you're running 89 on 600, sorry 606 hp ( ) and full lake trim, then I think he will be happy with his result too... wink Make sure he saves some money for some pump/bottom work. That can make a big difference on these hulls.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    HBjet:
    OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
    sounds like you need a tunnel to go with that hot engine then. may see triple digits then wink
    Omega For sure! I want to have a 19' CP built in a year or two with my pump and my motor. Let me ask you though, am I going to get a bunch of shit of I have CP layup the hull verses if I did it myself in the garage? What about interior? Should I measure and cut the wood, stitch the seats together? Also, should I employ an expert like Jack at MPD to cut the hull and set my pump where it should be, or should I get a jigsaw and just wing it?
    HBjet hell give me a call. I'll bring my sawzall down and cut a hole in it for ya. I don't think you could lay it up in your garage. the fumes would probably kill you. as for the interior- I can get you some astro-turf real cheap down here and bring it with me. what color you want? as for seats. you could use seats out of a 1986 chevy van. or some lawn chairs screwed to the floor. you could definitely rig that thing up texas style.
    Omega

DogHouse
    572Daytona:
    Make sure he saves some money for some pump/bottom work. That can make a big difference on these hulls. Yeah, good idea, I think that he's already planning on it since even now the pump needs some attention. Can't flat foot it until the boat's up on plane. I'm sure they'll do a new/bigger impleller, question is which one...

HBjet
    Blown 472:
    HBjet:
    Blown 472:
    HBjet:
    but you have a tunnel, completely different now so we can't compare the two.
    HBjet Why is that?? Um, a tunnel boat will always run faster then a semi V boat with the same, and even less HP.
    That's Why
    HBjet What does that have to do with hp and rpm?? We where talking about MPH with a given HP betweent the two hulls. So again, show me the comparison!
    HBjet

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425