Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Holiday meal traditions

77charger
    Christmas Eve is always traditional mexican food, beer, and tequila. Beans, shredded beef tacos, sopa, Albondagas soup, tostadas, chicken and beef tamales, chili verde and cheese enchiladas, and flan for dessert... My mom also makes pumpkin, apple, coconut cream, and lemon marange pies...
    Christmas day is always Roast, honey baked ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans w/bacon, sucatash, salad, several types of breads, stuffing, beer, wine, and a little more tequila.. My mom makes more of the same pies as well...
    Nice having a family that can cook really well
    IT'S LIKE 3 DAYS OF HEAVEN !!!!
    I
    want some of my moms home made tamales too.
    Cant wait til tomorrow she made quite a few again.Dont think ther will be any left

THATJEFFGUY
    prime rib...shrimp.....ham...turkey...lots of appetizers...and LOTS adult beverages

hoolign
    What is your Families traditional meal that Mom makes for Christmas?
    For me my families localized tradition from Germany makes several variations of German Sausages, Saurkraut, baked potato's w/spicy mustard sauce which we have on Christmas Eve. aka Heilige Abend.
    We also exchange and open gifts of Christmas Eve.
    WHAT???? NO SHNITZEL????? German Christmas's are great ...

alfonzo
    Christmas Eve is always traditional mexican food, beer, and tequila. Beans, shredded beef tacos, sopa, Albondagas soup, tostadas, chicken and beef tamales, chili verde and cheese enchiladas, and flan for dessert... My mom also makes pumpkin, apple, coconut cream, and lemon marange pies...
    I'm all over it. Cant wait!!!mmmmmmmmmmmm

NoCal NoBoat
    I guess they're now traditions after many years.
    Christmas Eve is a buffet at the in-laws. Leg of Lamb and all the trimmings, Santa visits for a round of gifting, then we all sit down with coffee and brandy for the annual dysfunctional family poker game. Fun, but it frequently ends up looking like an outtake from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
    My cousin ends up raising everything, so bluffing is out of the question. If his father-in-law is betting, just get out of the way because he made whatever he was looking for.
    At least we're all at the point now where we don't have to worry about going home and putting stuff together. Those were the days...
    Christmas Day is buffet lunch, hangover remedies, and this year, football. Maybe the Niners will gift wrap Reggie Bush for the Faithful this holiday season. New Year's Day vs the Houston Texans with last place on the line...

Boatcop
    Ours has always been a re-run of Thanksgiving. Turkey, Stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc.
    Although we brought some of our grandparents cuisine to add to it.
    We have Tourtiere (French Canadian Pork Pie made with cinnamon)
    And Gnocchis (pronounced almost like "nookie") These are ricotta cheese based pasta with traditional Italian sauce.
    When we first moved out of the area of our family about 25 years ago, we had to get the recipe from my old Italian Grandmother, so we could make those ourselves for the holidays.
    Now we cook like we're from the "Old Country".
    Also lots of Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Pie, whipped cream, and all that other good stuff.

WopOnWater
    Since mom has passed the wife and I took over the holiday festivities. So the whole family comes to our house both days. Full Italian meals for Cristmas eve and Christams day. Eve starts with the fresh Italian lunch meats, pepperoni, 3 kinds of salami, mortadella and others, couple of differant kinds of cheeses, breads, relish trays and cookies and stuff. Dinner is capellini pasta with a garlic/olive oil over it with fresh grated romono cheese, Italian suasage, bread, roasted peppers. And of coarse lots of booze. We exchange gifts about 10 pm. Christmas day back to the above mentioned lunch meats, cheese and relish trays, dinner is turkey and a pasta which we change every year. This year is raviloli's with meatballs, salad, Italian bread, apple pie and pumpkin pie and more booze. Kids are older now so there are no toys to put together. I kinda miss that part. I also miss grandma's home made pizza. Anyway now that I am starving hope everyone has a great holiday.

Partycattin
    Christmas Eve is the "thanksgiving" type of spread.
    X-mas morning is the real feast, Tritip and Eggs, ham, home fries and a lot of Mimosas.
    Somebody recommended floating Grand Marnier on top of the Mimosa, Anyone try that before??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234