Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Power Tour Featuring..............

Cas
    why would I be jealous? I've been putting outings on for 5 years. I've looked into all this stuff in detail and have a little experience with it.
    A car accident is different unless the driver had just come from a party where alcohol was present. The owner of the house can and will be named in a lawsuit. Whether or not they lose, it's still going to cost them a lot of time and money.
    There was just a lawsuit about that exact situation. A 16 yo kid was driving 2 of his friends home from a party. The friends agged him on to see how fast his camaro was. At 90, he couldn't stop in time for a stop sign and broadsided another car killing 2 13 yo girls. The parents of the girls sued the driver of the car and the owner of the house. The driver was put in jail and the owners almost lost everything is a suit that they were ultimately found innocent.
    As far as putting cold water on what people do in SoCal, what sense does that make? I'm not involved, it doesn't affect me other than the fact I'd hate to see anyone get hurt or worse.

Cas
    Who said the object was racing?
    Balls, it could be the battle of the 19's, between you and Mrs. Sofa.
    but you need to get around this low profile 19 first.
    Ive got a bone to pick with this little 18, I think I can hang on the squeeze, it should be a good race.
    the powertour is going to be sick.
    If the above isn't about racing, then what is it?
    The whole thing is, people need to be real aware of what can happen.

djdtpr
    This dude will be out. Boat might look somewhat taller this summer.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...YHEM05_017.jpg
    I heard that his wife had a baby girl?If so tell him i said congrats and we will see him later this summer.
    P.S. tell him to get some sleep before we head to the river that way i dont have to wake him up at the bar!

RCB19
    If the above isn't about racing, then what is it?
    The whole thing is, people need to be real aware of what can happen.
    So what your saying is that the people that you boat with never in any way shape of form line up next to one and other and get into the throttle? I find that hard to believe since most all here on these boards have chosen performance oriented boats I've seen dudes in Bayliners runnin side by side. There is no difference between calling a handfull of your boating buddies and planning a trip to the lake for a weekend or getting the word out here on the boards. As said before this deal is all about getting peps toghther for a weekend of boating at a specific place. Are people going to line up against each other for a little grudge racing? You Bet! Thats why most of here spend time and money on our sleds. If anybody choses to be an idiot on the water (and there is always 1 or 2) then they need to take responsibillity for their actions. No one here wants to see ANYBODY get hurt.

Cas
    So what your saying is that the people that you boat with never in any way shape of form line up next to one and other and get into the throttle? I find that hard to believe since most all here on these boards have chosen performance oriented boats I've seen dudes in Bayliners runnin side by side. There is no difference between calling a handfull of your boating buddies and planning a trip to the lake for a weekend or getting the word out here on the boards. As said before this deal is all about getting peps toghther for a weekend of boating at a specific place. Are people going to line up against each other for a little grudge racing? You Bet! Thats why most of here spend time and money on our sleds. If anybody choses to be an idiot on the water (and there is always 1 or 2) then they need to take responsibillity for their actions. No one here wants to see ANYBODY get hurt.
    People know that our outings are not about racing. Racing is not advertised, promoted or endorsed at any of the outings and the same goes for Poker Runs. If someone says "Hey, I'm going to be at such and such lake at such and such time", that's totally different. Just like the whole deal at Camp Far West this coming weekend.

MudPumper
    Ok guys, I've decided to sell the boat and not attend any functions this year with my friends from the boards because I am afraid I might get sued and lose my house.................NOT. Before we know it this might be an invitation only event..........Better watch out. :yuk:

djdtpr
    I dont think the problem lies with the people that are wanting to go out and race their ride against their buddy.From what i have seen the problem lies with the people that show up in their 75 mph boats that want to do hat laps by ya and show how cool their roost is while they are jumping wakes out of control.When we had the sixth street deal last summer it would have been perfect if we could have gone out and ran but the idiots that were trying to show off wrecked the water for the guys that would have put on a show.It happends at most large get togethers,thats why they usually end up being just that get togethers.

Sure sounds like cabin fever is rampant. Where is BBOJ????????
    Knowing Cas as well as I do. All he is saying is 'be careful"!! The tree hugging, snowy owl loving scumsuckers would like nothing better than find a new cause to chase. Anybody is at jeopardy when we are out "playing" on the water.
    I am one of the first willing to line up with somebody. Plus, I want to make it to one of the "Tour" get togethers.
    We need to police ourselves. I have gotten out of control a couple of times and friends were not shy about letting me know.
    Let's be safe and kick some ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...IM0460-med.JPG

Cas
    Knowing Cas as well as I do. All he is saying is 'be careful"!!
    just looked, yep, that's exactly what I said in my first post. I'll add to it by saying you all can make as much fun of it as you feel necessary but the fact still remains, someone's neck will be on the line. I hope that none of you have to experience a frivolous lawsuit because someone else screwed up.

Cas
    I dont think the problem lies with the people that are wanting to go out and race their ride against their buddy.From what i have seen the problem lies with the people that show up in their 75 mph boats that want to do hat laps by ya and show how cool their roost is while they are jumping wakes out of control.When we had the sixth street deal last summer it would have been perfect if we could have gone out and ran but the idiots that were trying to show off wrecked the water for the guys that would have put on a show.It happends at most large get togethers,thats why they usually end up being just that get togethers.
    dj,
    It's not only that, it's the people that are just there with their jetskis, tri hulls or whatever that have no idea about judging a boat or 2 coming at them at 100 mph.
    People just need to be aware!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast