Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Power Tour Featuring..............

WOW WOW WOW :argue:

djdtpr
    All this crashing and getting sued and running over jet skis makes me want to go get an old beater and put a big deer guard on the front and go do some seadoo killin.
    Hey put me in charge if they sue me they can have half of what i got.Or all and the last time i checked half of nothing is NOTHING. :argue:
    It works for the wetbacks around here who arent legal and have no licence or insurance or are even legal citizens.They are so lucky life is cheap for them.

Dogballs
    Cas, Thanks for all your great legal schmegal.

steelcomp
    there ya go again steel, you don't like what's being said so you go off on one of your little tangents verbally attacking.
    C'mon Scott, head it up, get more involved like Chris is doing and quit being a follower.
    Once you get yourself named in some bs ordeal then maybe you'll be able to figure it out.
    btw, I was answering Chris' question which has nothing to do with you.
    Hmmm. Didn't deny anything I said. :idea:
    No attack, just a made up, exagerated scenario, like you've done since the beginning of this.
    FYI...no one's heading anything up. You keep saying that. I'll get involved at the same level as everyone else...I'll participate in a gathering of mutual interest. We'll all show up when we show, might be some pre-planning on time and place, not unlike any other weekend when a bunch of guys, couples, families, get together for some boating. Nothing more. Nothing formal.
    Also, there hasn't been a single suggestion by you from all your exhalted experience, just criticism.
    I'm done here.
    Oh, I'll edit to add...anyone want a piece of me and my Bahner, bring it! :crossx: It won't be the fastest, but I guaranteeeee it won't be the slowest! I'll race any takers, at any lake, at any time. That just goes without saying, but I thought I'd say it anyway.

djdtpr
    In all seriousness i can see where cas is coming from if everyone thinks about it there was a gathering that was not to long ago that had some horrible things happen at it and there were relations lost and friends lost.
    BUTT you cant live inside the box cause your afraid of getting sued or something happening to ya,thats no way to live.If everyone thought this way there wouldnt be any gathering at all and the world would be a boring place.I think everyone that sighned up on this little ordeal is willing to accept there own responsibility(if i get in a wreck or someone runs into me im not gonna go after cs or anyone else but the party involved)and be liable for themselves.
    I hope to see this deal take place cause really what they end up as is a big SHOW AND SHINE :crossx:

bp
    All it takes is steel to say to someone, "hey, c'mon out to Yuba! This guy CS19 wants to get some races going." Real simple, nothing special, just someone trying to get someone else to go. Now guess what, you're it, the big honcho and the one with the target on his back.
    you know, anyon can say anything they want about anything. you could replace cs19 with cas; people can say whatever they want, whenever they want.
    all i'm seein' here is that he's sayin he wants to go to the river and run, and if someone else wants to do the same, then lets do it?? so what make's cs19 the "head organizer" of some "outing", or "group function" because he said he was going?
    i don't see him organizing a campground, lodging facilities, catering, etc., or calling himself a company or association, and selling t-shirts, or marketing the co/assn for group discounts? not that there's anything wrong with that, but the role you and roostwear played in what you've organized in the past, and somebody saying "lets go to the river, run, race, whatever. i just don't see the correlation or connection between the two.
    you're making it sound as if two or five people talk to each other and decide to go to the river, each one is responsible for the other's actions simply because they talked about going before they went; sorry, ain't buying. you also seem to believe that you are personally insulated from damages with respect to the "outings" you organize under your banner. how 'bout this for a hypothetical; jonny and his daughter suzy sunshine hear about your get together, and think it would be just swell to go. so he hooks boat up to pickup, and off they go. except, long story short, they get wrecked on the way and both die. uncle buck/aunt betty conclude this never would have happened if they weren't going to this "outing". do ya think your insulated?
    you have people running helter skelter all over the delta, spinning out, close calls, hi speed, low speed. you have no idea how fast every one of those people are driving, nor how safe, because you have no organized agenda on the water, and there's no way you could watch them all, or do anything about it if you wanted to. if somebody get's hurt for any reason, either one of the campers, or someone else, do you really believe YOU are insulated? they would not have been there if YOU hadn't formed YOUR association, and put together your outing.
    you seem to believe that because a race might happen on the river, that people will die or be seriously injured. there have been people killed or seriously injured on that river just about every year for a very long time without anyone being involved in a race. and they don't have to be going 100 or even 75 for bad things to happen. i'm sure nothing like that ever happens on the delta, but for you to think that you're insulated because you said -dont race-, i seriously doubt it.

Dogballs
    This thread is for the Power Tour Only. :crossx: The Larry H. Parker thread is another forum!

Cas
    they would not have been there if YOU hadn't formed YOUR association, and put together your outing.
    exactly what I'm talking about and I am not "insulated". My ass is hanging out there in a big way, both literally and figuratively. I'm in the process of doing all I can to change that in a way I will be better protected.
    Funny thing is, I'm not the only one that sees the writing on the wall here. I just hope nobody has to find out first hand.

djdtpr
    Were all in trouble i read in hot boat magazine that this was the fastest four seater south of needles and that all his buddies need to step it up.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...930FC3_028.jpg[/QUOTE]
    And yes hot boat has a magazine!!!!!!!!!!

What Cas is saying is true. When you have a group that resembles anything "organized" you are inviting trouble. It is creating liablility This is why the FC and other "events" are risky. If somebody were to get injured during one of the FC deals, there is a huge chance that anyone and everyone who was involved with it is going to be sued. It most likely will not be from one of the participants, rather an outsider that may have been affected by it. As V drivers trying to have gatherings, we have to be very careful how things are arranged. These events in the Power Tour sound like a blast but you guys should be discreet and cover your asses.
    Tony

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast