Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How thick is the Spectra hull at the keel?

beached 1
    I want to reshape the bottom on the hull between the transom and the intake to match the shape of the intake. I'd like to be able to do this without having to pull the intake out, add glass to the inside of the hull and then ...well you get he idea. My question is, how thick is the Spectra20 hull in this area? I thought that I heard once that a Spectras keel is unusually thick. Unlike the approx 3/8" thickness which appears to be the industry standard. I've only got to file down about a 1/4", but I don't want to weaken the integrity of the hull in this area if it is only 3/8" thick.
    Thanks

B1,
    the bottom on my 20 Spectra that is now riverdaves was just at 1 inch thick down the keel. I took the intake out and filled the hole to make it a v-drive so I got a good look at it. Those things were built like tanks. One of the nicest lay-ups from that era. Mine was a 74, 4 full stringer hull.

spectras only
    I've replied at spectra website already ,but confirm what OR says .My 76 20' had 1" at the keel.Spectras were consistent with their layups throughout the years.

SPECTRABRENT
    Beached,
    Your hull is the same as Old Riggers, much heavier
    than the newer (1975 & up).
    You should be fine with what your doing to the bottom.
    Brent

beached 1
    Right on guys. Thanks for the info.

hack job
    sounds like your in the clear, when jack at mpd cut the hole for my intake it was about 3/4 " think and it was that way for most of the boat, of course mine is a 76 and a 19' wink
    [ April 02, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: hack job ]

beached 1
    hack job:
    sounds like your in the clear, when jack at mpd cut the hole for my intake it was about 3/4 " think and it was that way for most of the boat, of course mine is a 76 and a 19' wink What did jack do? Set back pump?
    Just picked up my JC from there yesterday. My new SS A/B with the flowed bowl looks wicked!

hack job
    well i had my c bowl converted ( because it allready had a 2.5 on it) and had hime set the pump back some and also cut down( to B) and detail the impellor a little and adujust the stuffer plate.also had ride plate and shoe installed and some top secret stuff as well. wink

beached 1
    Sounds nice bro.
    With all the drama goin on in here lately, I was really tempted to have my JC converted also. But I'm running out of boat funds for this year with all the motor mods and stuff. So it'll have to wait till next year.
    [ April 02, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: beached 1 ]

hack job
    if the drama gets too much come on over to cbbb wink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast