Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who knows this boat?

Kindsvater Flat
    A buddy just got this boat back from the paint shop and I was curious if any knew the history of it. It belonged to Wally Albright. The boat name was "Duel in the Sun".

BigBoyToys
    K-Flat, I know the boat well. Knew the owner well too. Used to help out in the pits for Wally now and then. More info over on the other thread......

thats another one of those beautiful ROGERS boats 18' or 19' bonneville if im not mistaken by its beauty!!!!lol eek!

TopCat
    toddnjuzz:
    thats another one of those beautiful ROGERS boats 18' or 19' bonneville if im not mistaken by its beauty!!!!lol eek! you're right 18' when wally raced it it had a KB hemi when he switched to a hydro he put a big C.I. Ford in it I didnt know it was still around if i remember right he held the record with it also.

Kindsvater Flat
    If you guys know of any pics or video of it with him racing let me know. According to the hull it was a record holder. Its painted on it.
    Thanks
    Mike

BigBoyToys
    Kindsvater Flat:
    If you guys know of any pics or video of it with him racing let me know. According to the hull it was a record holder. Its painted on it.
    Thanks
    Mike I don't have any pics or video of it....that was a long time ago. Yes, Wally held the Competition Jet record with it.
    But, here's a little trivia for ya. Wally was a movie star as a child. Was 1 of the kids in the "Little Rascals" (or was it "Our Gang"? one or the other, I don't recall)
    [ February 23, 2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

BigBoyToys
    TopCat:
    toddnjuzz:
    thats another one of those beautiful ROGERS boats 18' or 19' bonneville if im not mistaken by its beauty!!!!lol eek! you're right 18' when wally raced it it had a KB hemi when he switched to a hydro he put a big C.I. Ford in it I didnt know it was still around if i remember right he held the record with it also. Oh geez....There's that Ford guy again! wink
    Hey Gerry, got the CP running great yesterday. It is the best it has been running since I purchased it. All I have to do is add that rope deflector and we're ready to go racing. Don't forget to mark your calender for March....(and tell Nancy that we're going to Bakersfield)

1Bahnerjet
    Found This [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/43C.jpg[/img]
    ---------------
    Drive what you own and like what you Drive

disco_charger
    More proof that the Rogers boats are amazing! Wish I had one...

disco_charger
    [ February 23, 2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: disco_charger ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast