Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: HP or TORQUE

homeblt86jet
    BigDaddy:
    Badboat1:
    I stated that hp and torque cross over at 5250 rpm.Then the hp takes over.They have to cross somewere and that is were they do.Ok my engine is weak for a pump gasser makes 736 ftlbs@5000rpm 690hp@5000rpm 5200rpm torque hp
    714 707
    5300rpm 717 723
    6100 680 790
    6600 636 799
    I have it impellered to turn 6500 B impeller cut just a bit. With NOS I run a A-B 6000rpm until you use the NOS then it makes 1300hp and turns 6600.I have tried A and AA impellers.I have dyno sheets but are faded or I would scan them for you.I have been building racing engines for over 15 years and dyno all the time.
    Badboat1 (Randy)Hey Randy he lost me with the Nozzlr pressure thing and I guess this is why it is called Racing and not show me how to do it please hehehe.
    as for Homey T-Man he is pretty smart some times and he builds his own engines but they usually dont last long well at least the last one didnt blew it just checking to get it ready for the 4th weekend but he knows how to do it weather it works or not that another thing.
    jk T-Man
    hey I for one have seen BadBoat1 and know for a fact That it Rocks and will Spank most other Jet Boats around the one I like is when he spanks these new Freaken Bass Boats that do 90mph why one earth would you want to catch fish at 90mph and if ya need to get there that fast why not just leave earlier so just like badboat said it Crosses at 5250 what else matters this is good info Thanks Randy for the info. and to the one with the turbin Charts Thanks for confusing the Hell out of me dam to much info to compuke.
    hey See Ya
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/jetget933.JPG[/img]whats up " big D.? to any one out there your tq. and hp. ALLWAYS CROSSES AT 5250 RPM.... don't know why but it does no matter what you build..not to change the sub., but big D, did you tere down your motor yet? e-mail me.

homeblt86jet
    to badboat1, I hope to see you one day.You sound like a real cool dude., and any one that is a friend of big daddy, and a few others is a friend of mine... hope to boat with ya some day,"when i get mine back together.

LVjetboy
    Maddago, welcome to the boards! And congrats on the jet. This thread's approaching critical mass, more on the theoretical side than practical. So maybe not what you care about, but lots of good threads and people here. Feel free to post a new thread with your questions anytime. Wishing you the best with your new jet. BTW, Coeur d'Alene? Used to ski Schweitzer with a view...pretty incredible! Lived in Idaho for 4 years...loved it!
    jer
    [ September 29, 2002, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

LVjetboy
    BadBoat1, thanks for posting. Although I hit on those in the business from time to time, I value the ones brave enough to post. The fact that you run high hp and Q plus have dyno experience means a lot to me.
    Hp and Q crossing in English is true, but the unit system of choice may influence. As in, 5252 rpm is no magic number! If our European dyno testers use metric, where is their crossing point? They must be really messed up. Can they make the same judgements as us English unit people? Hmmm...maybe that's why they designed the Farrari engine for high hp's? j/k.
    As for your numbers. Very strong. I have a few question though.
    jer

Badboat1
    Thanks LVjet I have done things with my boat that people said could not be done as in 100mph plus.
    The boat has been fliped and the bottom worked.When I had it built in 98 it was a water plow no bow lift it does know.Put a as we call it football in front of the intake like a cheynne has. Nite and day,mine was loading to hard.
    Damn homeblt you should make the trip over to the river and check it out Sunday is big cook out.
    Got to keep Big Daddy away from all the food LOL
    Just put 500 hp in the NOS ready for war on the water.
    Happy Boating,Badboat1

BigDaddy
    Badboat1:
    people said could not be done as in 100mph plus
    Happy Boating,Badboat1hey and we have to keep BadBoat from the WhackOFF area so his head dont get to dam Big hehehe
    WhackOff

565edge
    Badboat1:
    Thanks LVjet I have done things with my boat that people said could not be done as in 100mph plus.
    The boat has been fliped and the bottom worked.When I had it built in 98 it was a water plow no bow lift it does know.Put a as we call it football in front of the intake like a cheynne has. Nite and day,mine was loading to hard.
    Damn homeblt you should make the trip over to the river and check it out Sunday is big cook out.
    Happy Boating,Badboat1What kind of boat are you running?

LVjetboy
    **** WARNING ****
    The following has numbers and charts that may make your head hurt or confused as hell. If so, just skip this post and be happy
    BadBoat,
    Looks like you matched your impeller to max hp right on, depending on impeller charts accuracy. Here's where they plot:

And Torque:

Also looks like the AA gives you more torque but about 25 less hp absorbed, so less speed? With those numbers maybe not noticeable though... Also there's the question of cut and impeller efficiency. So how did the AA compare to the B for top speed and acceleration?
    jer
    [ September 29, 2002, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

Badboat1
    LV, Two years it took me to make all the changes and work good.All boats are different and you got to play with it and sorry to say waste money in the process.I'am happy with mine but there is more that can be done.It is 4 Sale,need a big boat,wife is on my ass but she loves the rush.And for the other member it is a pop off the Elimantor Scorpion 20 foot Tunnel.
    Badboat1

homeblt86jet
    do you have any pics of your boat?...I would like to see them,I'll need all the help i can get to keep big d. away from the grill...hehehehe

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast