Thread: Powdercoating

BrendellaJet
    Anyone have a good recommendation on a quality shop for powder coating? I've been to Primo's and they did some pretty nice work on my wife's Cruiser frame, but im not sure if he is up to the task of doing a pump. Jack says he does not recommend people to powdercoat becuase the shops usually sand blast right through the hard anodizing on all the pump parts during the prep work...= not good. Any ideas?

EMBEE coatings in the city of irvine,... they also do ceramic coatings wich are guarantee for life against chipping or peeling and fading.
    good deal

jlnorthrup122
    sand blast??? you could prep it yourself using toleen (thinner) and then take it to the powder coater! they will hit it with an etching compound and then start the powdercoat! I'd just recomend you to High mirror finnish it yourselfinstead! its not hard to learn and do!

Just paint it with polyeurethane paint. You can get everything you need from fountain valley paints.
    they can set you up with the primer,roughing up pads and paint for pretty cheap.Ask for Mike and tell him his nephew sent you. wink
    There is a guy walking distance from MPD called speedway painting who can paint it for you and has done lots of them before and knows the drill. Im not sure if your in the o.c. area but if you are maybe this will help some. Oh and if your doing it white do it the same color as a brand new place diverter so if you upgrade any parts they will match .

hack job
    BrendellaJet:
    Anyone have a good recommendation on a quality shop for powder coating? I've been to Primo's and they did some pretty nice work on my wife's Cruiser frame, but im not sure if he is up to the task of doing a pump. Jack says he does not recommend people to powdercoat becuase the shops usually sand blast right through the hard anodizing on all the pump parts during the prep work...= not good. Any ideas? i talked to jack aobut that as well and i did my own it cam out pretty good if i do say so my self.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/36DSCN1893-med.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/36DSCN1898-med.JPG[/img]
    if you need tips on how to do it let me know i have done all my harware on my boats and it all cam out looking pretty damn good. wink

heres a pic of my painted pump for you to compare.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/409Dcp00470-med.jpg[/img]
    good luck with your pump makeover.

hack job
    cs19:
    heres a pic of my painted pump for you to compare.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/409Dcp00470-med.jpg[/img]
    good luck with your pump makeover. cs yours look sweet as well. the only reason i powder coated it is cuase its easier foe me to do that than spray witha gun. ( just me plus the cost of the paint is pretty expensive while the powder for the coating is on like 8 bucks) i like the way your looks. it came out clean!!!

thanks hack job, your pump looks really good too! i wanted to powdercoat mine but i got free paint from my uncle at fountain valley paints and had a guy shoot it for me for pretty cheap, Im happy with the results, Im just trying to give the topic starter some options, see ya guys later!