Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how bad is this

Raskal
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/158P6140229-med.JPG[/img]
    looks like a pain in the ass to replace

disco_charger
    Do yourself a favor and have someone do it....

disco_charger
    Do yourself a favor and have someone do it....

Raskal
    what do you think it will cost.

raskal you didnt screw up my boat did you?j/k

MikeF
    Raskal, I would leave it as is. I do not believe that it will hurt performance at all and you still will not pull anything big into the pump that could damage the impeller. My 2 pennies.

Hal
    You replacing the grate or intake? If its just the grate you can see the 4 screws in the picture you have to remove. Should be easy. You may need one of those hand held hammer type impact screwdrivers to break the screws loose.
    I just wonder where the piece that broke off went? You might look up inside when you have the grate out to make sure your impeller isnt damaged. If there are nuts on top you may be in trouble if you can't get to them. In that case I think I would do like Mike said.
    How you doing Mike?...
    [ June 14, 2003, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Hal ]

Raskal
    boatnam2:
    raskal you didnt screw up my boat did you?j/k na i just saw it for the first time today .but i did put a couple hours in it today cleaning all up just for you .

Raskal
    hal
    thats what i was going to look at was the impeller but thats did not look damaged at all

wsuwrhr
    Raskal, I agree with Hal. EASY fix. Grate comes off with the four flat head screws you see in the front. Do yourself a favor and buy a LOADER grate and replace it. It won't cause any damage to run it that way, but why take the chance? Buy new screws and put some Locktite on the screws when you put them back in. If you don't want to do it yourself, buy the grate and bring it by, I would be more than happy to get you to OP6C in loader grate style. I know REX sells them.
    Brian
    (owner of a WJ)
    Just make damn sure the peice isn't wedged into the impeller, but you said you already checked that.
    [ June 15, 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast