Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cut open bow

superdave013
    Originally posted by MKEELINE:
    SD, How's the Turbo motor coming along? I've finally finished mine, only a year and a half later. That was like being in labor for 1 1/2 years.
    I'm about 1/2 a year behind you right now.

I kinda agree with superdave about cutting apart a classic to do an openbow. Saw a guy do it to a wood deck Campbell cruiser once. Almost made me cry.
    On the other hand it's not as hard as ridered was told. I think he was gettin' smoke blown up his hole. You have to put in 2 bulk heads on each side (3 if you want to make the space in the walk through useable for storage) or the deck will sway back and forth. If you have an old open bow Bahner, you know what I mean.
    Some bracing under the forward part of what's left of the deck, a little reworking of the floor and you're home free.

Old Charger
    Like I said, I was looking into doing the same thing to my boat. However, I've got kind of a cookie-cutter Charger.
    Don't cut up that Bieser. It's truly a classic. Put it to ya like this. I've got a classic mustang, you've got a GTO or a '55. Both classic but the Biesmeyer is more rare...

Dans66Stevens
    I have a friend who wants to sell a mid 70s Anderson Sidewinder Bowrider. This thing is really neat. It is a bowrider with a panel that you can put in to cover the bowrider.
    I have never seen another one before. The engine was a 455 Olds. It has a Berkley Pump.
    Im trying to get some pictures to post....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12