Thread: place diverter question

Vicjet
    My boat is a 18 ft panterra with a 454 and a panther jet.I've enjoyed the boat with my wife and kids. The boat has performed very well for me. and I plan on keeping the boat for a while. the hull is a shallow semi v basicly a flattie. The problem is that as soon as the water gets slightly choppy, the ride is so bad you get pounded to death. I know that panther makes a place diverter for my jet. Besides the cool feature of spraying a rooster will a place diverter allow me to smooth out the ride. I just finished redoing the whole boat paint, interior and carpet and tuned it up. Will post pictures within the week, headed for Perris next week. Your imput is greatly appreciated. Vicjet

Danhercules
    I just put a diverter on my 18.5' southwind. I did notice a diffrence running through the chop. Its not like it cuts like a deep "V", but I did notice a diffrence. Hope this helps.

Vicjet
    Thanks Dan I appreciate your info. I am considering adding a place diverter to my jet,originally it was for the reason of just being able to shoot a rooster, but the more I think about it, I think it would be nice to be able to get a better ride. I spoke to Panther last month and they told me that they have a unit specially made for the panther jet that they sell for 795.00. They told me that they also have another model that shoots a stronger tail for about 1500.00 The second one is customing and adapted from I think he said a Dominator jet. Thanks again Vicjet.

Danhercules
    I would get a diverter for sure. I cannot belive I waited so long. $1500 sounds like a lot, but who am I to say, I dont have a panther, nor have been a boat owner for long!!!! I do think a big roost looks killer, but is it worth the extra $$$$$? Personal choice. I say go for it so I can see it without spending the money!!

Snorider
    My ride is similar, its a sleekcraft, but its a very shallow V... and i know what you mean about bouncing in the chop.
    From my experience, it seems that at 30mph the boat will bounce horribly. At 40-50mph, it runs smooth in the chop - probably because its barely touching the water. At above 50, it gets alittle light on the waves and can give you some nice shots to the kidneys;
    Just my experience. But my style is that if the boat dont scare me, im not driving it fast enough. There isnt much more thrilling than launching a jetboat so far out of the water that the person behind you can see air under the jet intake