Thread: Berk 12JB-A

Hallett19
    What the hell pump is this ??? It looks like a JG to me with the split bowl and all, but 12JB-A ? Cant find it on the Berk site either. Any ifno ?

hack job
    Hallett19:
    What the hell pump is this ??? It looks like a JG to me with the split bowl and all, but 12JB-A ? Cant find it on the Berk site either. Any ifno ? itst the old jg the veins are a little shorter!
    thats about the only differance i know of.

Tom Foolery
    Hallett19:
    What the hell pump is this ??? It looks like a JG to me with the split bowl and all, but 12JB-A ? Cant find it on the Berk site either. Any ifno ? & the A is the original impeller that came with it.

HBjet
    Hack Job is right. It's the older split bowl and the bowl is shorter, therefore making the veins shorter.
    HBjet

Hallett19
    what are the advantages and disadvantages ?

Hallett19
    I need some advice badly !!! Who would buy a 12JB with a new hyd diverter (complete from nozzle to controls) for 750 ? How much is that pump worth in good shape ?

HBjet
    the only advantage the JG has over the JB is the longer exit veins. For a stock motor application, I wouldn't worry about using a JB. If you where going to race it, then that's a different story.
    Are you buying, or are you selling?
    HBjet
    [ June 26, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

jdog
    I have a 12jB-B. It's a good stock pump that works good with my stock 455. Only good with stock equipment. don't try and modify works good the way it was made. Then again, I'm happy with 55mph. Jay