Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: progress...

565edge
    CRATE ENGINE,WORLD 509/560HP ALUM
    $8,695.00
    The World Products 509 crate motor has 560+ horsepower and is reliable street power. As a testiment to the engine's reliability, it is backed by a 2 year, 24,000 mile warranty. Here's a quick summary of whats inside the 509 - Merlin cast iron block w/ 4 bolt mains; Merlin 320cc aluminum heads; 4130 forged steel crank; Wiseco/JE/SRP forged pistons; Manley 4340 rods; Crane camshaft; Speedpro lifters; Motown aluminum manifold; Modified Holley 870 Holley carb.; Manley timing chain; Speedpro ring set & oil pump; Milodon pan; Clevite bearings; HEI distributor; Hardcore CNC balancer; Felpro gaskets; ARP hardware; and chrome timing cover and valve cover.
    here is another that is about the same cubic inch.

565edge
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by dossangers:
    [qb] HARDCORE ENGINE 540 SPORT ALUM GAS CARB
    $11,195.00
    The 540c motor has 13:1 compression and 800 hp. The C- motors have the power and consistancy to win, week after week. It's important to note that cars equipped with C-engines are capable of achieving ET's comparable ( if not better than) performance levels of cars with "big name" engines costing thousands of dollars more. The C-motors are made up of: Merlin II cast iron 4 bolt block; Merlin aluminum rectangle port heads; Forged 4130 crank; JE forged pistons; Eagle 4340 rods; Comp roller cam; Crower roller lifters; Merlin aluminum manifold; Modified Holley 1050 carb;Complete MSD ignition; Manley true roller; Stef's oil pump & pan; Speedpro rings; Clevite bearings; and Harland sharp roller rockers. A ATI balancer and ARP hardware finish up the assembly components
    Ya it has 4 points more compresion and runs race gas and it is 40 cubes bigger and with more stroke,just stick to your jet hydro's and injected 468's.
    [ June 14, 2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: 565edge ]

Infomaniac
    dossangers:
    what are you saying is compression more important or cubic inches or both cubic inches at lower rpm high comp at high rpms? I am trying to be as nice as I can. I am saying 9:1 pump gas single carb n/a engines do not make 1.475 HP per cubic inch.
    Trying not to say anything bad about the owner.

MikeF
    Now, I did not have anything to do w/ picking the parts, but I did help assembling it.
    The motor has about 9.2 to 1 compression ratio (not completey acurate....close). The cam is as stated in one of the prior posts by Cyclone.
    The crate motor are all "dumb" but "strong" parts (meaning they do not have anything to do with making alot of HP, just withstanding it). The heads and cam on the other hand are the brains the make the HP. The AFR heads have been designed to flow a whole lot of air! The designer knows his stuff. That is why they hired him!
    The first dyno pulls were only to about 5200 rpm (that was why the HP #'s were a little low, and on race gas for extra precaution). The jet sizes were then figured out and were placed in the carb. I remeber Steve saying how "good" the fuel curve was w/ the 950HP Holley carb. The later pulls were right around 720hp using 91 octane 76 fuel (right there when Steve poured it in). We were having some minor problems getting it past 720+/- but that was fixed by draining some of the extra oil that was in the pan (too much was put in causing windage loss of power). The oil was changed to a synthetic and another minor change to timing and the 742HP # came up .
    Everything that was done was pretty well methodical and was logged in the computer while Steve was doing what he does.
    LVjet, Glad you picked those Profiler heads!! I have never seen a smoother flowing design ! I thought you were going w/ a 496 stroker. A 540.....DAMN eek! !

MikeF
    My favorite pic from the build .
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45randykiller3JPG-med.jpg[/img]
    Sorry HB .Tooooooooo funny.

superdave013
    I just got a nifty dyno sheet from my brotherinlaw.
    1300cc pump gas and 12 psi of turbo boost. How would you like to toss a leg over this sucka.
    click here
    [ June 14, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

Bense468
    I wish I could see it but don't have a 10 foot monitor. JK superdave
    [ June 14, 2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

superdave013
    Bense468:
    I wish I could see it but don't have a 10 foot monitor. JK superdave lol, yeah your right. I changed it to a link so I don't hijack cyclons thread.

HBjet
    MikeF:
    My favorite pic from the build .
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/45randykiller3JPG-med.jpg[/img]
    Sorry HB .Tooooooooo funny. That's my favorite photo too!
    HBjet

MAXIMUS
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by LVjetboy:
    [QB] Maximus, would that be dyno hp or real hp?

How about both!