Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Does havasu Discriminate against NON-WHITES

PlyaPlya22
    After reading all the replies from those in havasu , I might tend to agree.
    Next time you come out I'll take you around....Don't get shocked...
    I'm sure I won't. Not to sound racist because if anyone knows me I am not. But, I am sure it is different in Havasu when you are spending money versus trying to make it. Yes, I would say that race may play a little part in it. Maybe not with everyone, so if it doesn't pertain to you, ignore it!! That is why the toleration level is so high on the big weekends. I have talked to several residents/business oweners who hate the big weekends, but there is too much $$$ to be made.So they deal with it. Think about it!
    PLYA
    Yvonne..check your PM.

Kilrtoy
    a friend of mine is the head nurse at havasu hospital, I will give her a call in the morning to see whats up
    Thank you Mel, I appreciate it.......Yvonne

Havasu_Dreamin
    I know at one time, would still think it is true, that the hospital in Havasu and Needles were owned by the same company. Maybe try there?

slowinhavasu
    But your my boat Mexican! LMAO. See you on Thursday.
    ..and the best one at that, I really would like to break out of the minimum wage though.....or more bud light..lol
    If you want a good example of how bad it is here, I went to work for the school district when we moved here, A/C tech. 19 years on the job, a degree in HVAC, able to work on anything from a water cooler to a 120 ton chiller.My contract paid one third of what I was making in Calif. and they do it with a straight face.
    Most of the Mexican work force here is in construction, and jobs that don't require a lot of education. I work on 90% of the hotels here and have yet to see a non Mexican in the house keeping dept. I also found the numbers hard to believe, I think there is a higher population of non documented people here then we are led to believe.
    Any way, this town has a long way to go in our labor force. It is so hard to find good labor at any level. I would think they would be waiting with open arms for a person of your caliber. I really hope it's not a race issue.
    Good luck, let me know what happens after the first of the year, I too could make a few calls and see what I can do....Good luck....

Havasu_Dreamin
    ..and the best one at that, I really would like to break out of the minimum wage though.....or more bud light..lol
    Damn straight! I'll make sure to have plenty of BL for you!

PlyaPlya22
    a friend of mine is the head nurse!!
    Damn...you need to bring her to the house!!! Don't be holdin out@@

riverroyal
    white,yes there is discrimination.Find me city in the U.S. that hasnt had issues with minorities when its almost all whites

chub
    Isn't there a brand new hospital in Mojave valley?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112