Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does havasu Discriminate against NON-WHITES

SummitKarl
    I have NEVER been treated different nor has the wife.
    Now lets SAY,
    You are looking for a job, Does this change anything......
    Advice.......on the LHC resume
    Tone it down for LHC, keep it short and simple, don't rely on the fax or mail, Havasu is small.....go in person to present the resume... esp if it's your lovely wife doing the presenting.

Biglue
    What do you think?
    Now before you type away, Think about what im asking!
    Who is helping you in all aspects of havasu and who is in the background that you never see......
    I rarely see any black folks, very rarely see any Middle Eastern people and Asians. Hispanics seem pretty rare as well.
    I have NEVER been treated different nor has the wife.
    Now lets SAY,
    You are looking for a job, Does this change anything......
    I'm not sure I am followong your question here. Would you expect for a NON WHITE person to be discriminated upon???

Stoneman
    I think if you have all your teeth some peoples might get a little jealous. but for the most part it's cool.

Mr. Crusader 83
    But isn't it the same at alot of resorts, go snowsking at places like Vail or Aspen and it is mostly white people.
    you are talking about prodominetly white sporting events.
    like; boating, skiing, snowboarding, dirt biking
    i wouldnt say that havasu is discriminating, its just a thing that more whites do.
    thats just my .02

Biglue
    you are talking about prodominetly white sporting events.
    like; boating, skiing, snowboarding, dirt biking
    i wouldnt say that havasu is discriminating, its just a thing that more whites do.
    thats just my .02
    Makes sense.

Kilrtoy
    Advice.......on the LHC resume
    Tone it down for LHC, keep it short and simple, don't rely on the fax or mail, Havasu is small.....go in person to present the resume... esp if it's your lovely wife doing the presenting.
    Karl,
    for as educated as the wife is, she cant even get an interview.
    She has done everything in person and dressed in, L.A. Beverly Hills, Centurty City Business attire, or what ever you call it...
    And I know it has not been said yet, No we don't need money, The wife is BORED

Ziggy
    . This coming from a Mexican. I think it's all in how you present yourself to people that gets you labeled.
    I'd agree with this 100%....
    You walk in the same place the next day wearing a white wife beater ribbed tank, shorts that look like half-pants and a safety chain on your wallet your experience would be different I'm sure. Certain mannerisms and your outward appearance people will pre-judge you........whether you're white, black, mexican, oriental or whatever.........its human nature to make assumption by what you've seen on TV.
    I've not really run accross the issue when in Havi by locals...but I've overheard remarks by boaters at the Sandbar.

bohica
    I bought my home in Havasu 12 yrs ago. Had a neighbor say to me then "Don't tell the orientals are gonna take over Havasu next."

azgfboatgirl
    We only discriminate against guys with flat top haircuts..
    Or mullets :crossx:

lalhc
    From what I've noticed it's "Who you know" in Havasu rather than "What you know" to get a preferred job. It's the same thing in all resort communities.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast