Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Impeller?

565edge
    HEY chet you better watch out if hbjet become hb(moderator)jet,we will all be in for it,all we will se is mpd,dne,legend,and liberty banners over the board!He'll kick all of us aggressor beleivers right out of here.

77charger
    ChetCapoli:
    As for pushing it hammer..i dont know to be honest..so far so good and if it's not broke no reason to mess right? One good wave and it could be all over though . I'll probably upgrade when i get it totally dialed in.
    Hey 77,
    I didnt know legend makes bronze?? Since when? jawdrop That is the only thing you guys like to use right?
    Where's my boy HB on this one?? argue
    CHETI dont know if it is a bronze maybe a berk.

Windy
    565edge:
    HEY chet you better watch out if hbjet become hb(moderator)jet,we will all be in for it,all we will se is mpd,dne,legend,and liberty banners over the board!He'll kick all of us aggressor beleivers right out of here. what a lame response.

sdba069
    Unless I find someone in a bind for money,I won't spend the money for a stainless impeller.I do this for a living every day and I think I know what I'm talking about.I make 840 hp in Pro Limited Jet drag boat and have been running the same mag bronze impeller since 1998.I've cut it down a half dozen times and inspected it for cracks and indexed the front of the vanes each time and never found a problem.When Steve was still driving the "Head Over Heals" Pro Gas Jet,I helped him with impellers while testing the gear reduction boxes.Guess what impeller we used,a bronze Dominator impeller that I had been running for 10 years.That's right around 1200 hp and as far as I know,it's still in tne boat.Ask Duane O.about the blown and nitrous fed boats that run out of my shop.Every one of the are running Aggressor mag bronze impellers.It's not to say that SS impellers are not good,just that it's hard to justify the expense.At retail,Mag Bronze....$700 Stainless.....$1200.Now,as far as my opinion on max hp for aluminum impellers.......I don't like to see more than about 500.When I first started running Pro Limited Jet,I tested with aluminum impellers and wasted a bunch of the with about 790 hp and the pump wasn't coming unhooked.I know this because I run an on board computer and monitor intake pressure.If I had excessive slip off the line,I could count on an impeller change when I got back to the pits because it would pull the vanes out the impeller.The thought of an impeller coming apart and seizing up the pump kinda scares me.So what's a little added margin of safety worth to you?
    Garry

77charger
    sdba069 i agree with you about the price difference between the two.My friend who just had jack at mpd do his was told the the same thing.That the bronze would be just as good as the stainless for his application.(808hp).The stainless was also going to coast more to have it detailed too.If i remember right i think i was told that alm good to 500hp bronze to 1000hp and stainless from there up.As for longitivity between the two i dont know a thing about that!

ChetCapoli
    77charger
    I dont know if it is a bronze maybe a berk.Dont worry 77prop..you dont mind if i call you that now do ya? . I know what you were getting at..hopefully you know what i'm getting at. Your man would never recommend something that isnt berk/legend made.
    Hey blown...i'm sorry but you lost me on that one..dont know anything about a moderator or topless for that matter...nice try though.No donuts for you.
    MissHB i think there's alot of truth to that "lame response" by 565. Where is he BTW?? argue heehee!
    CHET "cheerleader" CAPOLI
    [ December 18, 2002, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by 77charger:
    My friend who just had jack at mpd do his was told the the same thing.That the bronze would be just as good as the stainless for his application.(808hp).WHAT???? DID I JUST SEE WHAT I THINK I DID??? eek! SO WHO IS MAKING THE BRONZE THAT YOUR SHOP IS USING??? jawdrop I'm sorry props you said maybe berk not bronze...sorry..had to be berk i'm sure. No wait...you just said bronze...so what is it?
    If i remember right i think i was told that alm is good to 500hp bronze to 1000hp and stainless from there up.BRONZE TO 1000hp??? LMAO!! Come on??? If you remember right...who said this to you?? Wheres bense468 and that other yahoo when I need him.
    CCC
    [ December 18, 2002, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: ChetCapoli ]

Windy
    ChetCapoli:
    [QUOTE]
    MissHB i think there's alot of truth to that "lame response" by 565. Where is he BTW?? argue heehee!
    CHET "cheerleader" CAPOLIChet gimmie a break. If Randy did become a moderator there wouldnt be anymore MPD recommendations by other users than there is now. This site is dominated by SoCal users which MPD comes highly recommended...bottom line. I know its a lot for you to grasp, but he is a stand up guy around here.
    I would love to see some updated pics of your boat BTW wink
    MissHBjet

canuck1
    I look at it this way, 15 years on my first SS impeller than changed it to an aluminum on recomendation of the guy that rebuilt my pump an got 1 season out of it. New boat came with aluminum that didn't last a full season and was replaced with SS and was good for the last 4 years. And the cost was only $1000 CDN or approx. $600 US

roco racing
    dont start with the 5 pages of arguments, please. Im sencing some tension here. miss hb, i see your an EMT, do you work for one of the ambulance companys? if so have you ever gone on calls to emerald bay to assist the lifeguards with some c-spines? just curious you look familiar.Oh and im running a mpd prepped aluminum impeller should be around 700-800hp.no prob. once i figure out the cut i want ill probably have a nice s.s. one put in. another $1000 bucks, i guess everything is $1000 bucks....cs

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast