Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Photo's of Chet's Boat ***

Moomawnster
    Well ..... TruthBeTold ... I think a boat powered by an Irrigation pump is quite appropriate in the midwest ..... now if we could only get the torque of a 200 hp electric motor !HehHeh!By the way ...I'm glad to finally see some pics Chet ! ... lets see more since the topic has strayed so badly!
    [ March 15, 2003, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: Moomawnster ]

TOOMNYTOYS
    HBjet:
    Jet Hydro:
    I really think you have a nice boat, to bad it runs so damn slow If you ever get it to run as fast as your ego is big (for no seen reason), it will hall ass. Might take you 20 years at the rate your going but you might get it to 80mph someday.Jet Hydro, do me a favor and just stick with one name. I like the Jet Hydro one the best to tell you the truth!
    As for my boat running so damn slow....I don't get it!
    19' 600lb hull, full interior, 454 .030 over with Comp 292H cam. Tunnel Ram, Dual 450 single pumpers, Berk JC bowl with Legend B cut impeller, ride plate and PlaceD. I'm guesstimating my motor made about 425HP and with 2 people on board, it GPS'd at 80.6mph.
    So, I think your completely wrong in your assumption. My boat isn't so damn slow, and I have reached 80mph. I would think you would be impressed with the performance I have seen given the HP and Hull. As Chet has stated, my hull is a very fast hull, and that helps, but you still have to agree that's pretty damn good. Put 425hp in your V hull or Hydro and tell me what it tops out at. I bet you it won't be as fast. If it is, cool, it if isn't, then I think you need to reconsider what your saying about my boat. To tell you the truth, it doesn't bother me what anyone thinks about my boat. It's mine and I'm the only one who cares what it looks like and how it performs. If someone doesn't like it, no big deal. I'm still having fun in it.
    HBjet I DONT WANT TO START ANY TROUBLE BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THAT GPS YOU R/WERE USING BECAUSE IV GPS MY BOAT ALONE A NUMBER OF TIMES AND USED THREE DIFFERENT GPS AND ALWAYS CAME UP WITH MY TOP SPEED AT 71 MPH. LAST SUMMER IN FRONT OF SUN DANCE I WAS GOING UP THE RIVER WITH MY WIFE AND THREE KIDS AND HAD A EASY-UP IN THE BOAT WITH A FULL ICE CHEST AND YOU CAME NEXT TO ME AND GOT ON IT WITH ONLY YOU IN YOUR BOAT SO I GOT ON MINE AND PULLED YOU WITH NO PROBLEM. ILL NEVER FORGET THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE THOUGH. IT COULD BE THAT YOUR BOAT WAS NOT PREFORMING THOUGH.
    [ March 15, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: TOOMNYTOYS ]

LVjetboy
    Ok, this is gonna be interesting.
    Let me say from my experience, GPS is very accurate. Especially if you verify it with several runs and on different days. Temporary signal loss can give a bogus reading, but over time you know. I've also found my Garmin within 2 mph (usually less) of my speedo so the speedo verifies GPS. If I get a GPS more than 3 mph above speedo, I'd doubt it. But overall, I've found both GPS and speedo very repeatable.
    And I wouldn't be surprised if Hbjet checked his speedo against GPS and knows very well what he's running. Maybe he backed off...then you caught up? Or slowed down for some rollers? If for example, your best of all top GPS of 71 is correct, and I'm not doubting, then if with your wife and three kids you had, "no problem pulling" that'd mean you're about 3-5 mph faster than HB. Say your load-corrected speed at 68? That'd put HBjet at about 63-65 mph. I'm thinking not. Don't be too quick to discount 80 mph in the jet he's running with 425 hp...it certainly is possible.
    BTW, I do keep track of speeds, hp's, impeller sizes and rpms, and HBjet's numbers back up what he claims.
    jer
    [ March 15, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

ChetCapoli
    TOOMNYTOYS:
    I DONT WANT TO START ANY TROUBLE BUT LAST SUMMER IN FRONT OF SUN DANCE YOU CAME NEXT TO ME AND GOT ON IT WITH ONLY YOU IN YOUR BOAT SO I GOT ON MINE AND PULLED YOU WITH NO PROBLEM. ILL NEVER FORGET THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE THOUGH. IT COULD BE THAT YOUR BOAT WAS NOT PREFORMING THOUGH. WHAT???....WHAT????? Slowy are you reading this??? HB.....you got some splainin to do!
    LMAO!! 71mph???? Sounds like alot of trouble to me!!
    hey Luxurious Vanity jetboy,
    you seem to have alot of experience i notice....in bench racing that is.
    V-bottom W/700hp,87mph
    V-bottom tunnel w/700hp+$15grand extra=100mph
    That's like almost $1000 per 1mph right?
    Wish i could find a deal like that.
    CHET

LVjetboy
    Yep...I got experience in both bench and lake racing.
    I'm thinking it's you and toomny that's got explaining to do. 700? hp 87? mph jet? So where's your dyno sheets and GPS readings? Surely you recorded dyno readings from that run right? You got those pix ready yet CHET? Bring them on if you can. Or continue with your name calling if that's all you can do. Your choice.
    jer

HBjet
    TOOMNYTOYS:
    I DONT WANT TO START ANY TROUBLE BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT THAT GPS YOU R/WERE USING BECAUSE IV GPS MY BOAT ALONE A NUMBER OF TIMES AND USED THREE DIFFERENT GPS AND ALWAYS CAME UP WITH MY TOP SPEED AT 71 MPH. LAST SUMMER IN FRONT OF SUN DANCE I WAS GOING UP THE RIVER WITH MY WIFE AND THREE KIDS AND HAD A EASY-UP IN THE BOAT WITH A FULL ICE CHEST AND YOU CAME NEXT TO ME AND GOT ON IT WITH ONLY YOU IN YOUR BOAT SO I GOT ON MINE AND PULLED YOU WITH NO PROBLEM. ILL NEVER FORGET THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE THOUGH. IT COULD BE THAT YOUR BOAT WAS NOT PREFORMING THOUGH. 1st post huh?
    Let me tell you something bud. You have never pulled up next to me with your family while going up river past Sundance. How do I know this? One, I have NEVER been in my boat alone going by Sundance, EVER! Two, if I am in my boat alone I'm usually doing some speed runs, and I do those usually in front of the camp sites at Echo Lodge, or up river about 2 miles where the best water to race is. Three, I have never, ever got on it next to anyone with a family on board and LOST!
    So, you question my speed, that's cool. I question your accuracy. Lets see some photos of your boat...I have a great memory and I would know if I ever saw ya!
    Oh, and if you don't think my boat runs 80mph. Ask Ty, he runs 95 all day. I'm sure you have seen him in front of Sundance at Parker. Next time you see him, flag him down and ask him...
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/28TY.jpg[/img]
    FYI, that photo was taken on the gas dock at Echo Lodge, just north of Sundance.
    HBjet

TOOMNYTOYS
    HB
    GOT YOUR EMAIL. IF YOU WANT YOU CAN POST THAT UP WITH PICTURE. ILL TRY TO GET A BETTER PICTURE. WE GO TO THE RIVER ABOUT EVERY WEEKEND AND USALLY STAY @ LAPAS OR BUCKSKIN ONCE IT WARMS UP.THE BOAT IS A HONDO HULL.
    [ March 16, 2003, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: TOOMNYTOYS ]

Bow Tie Omega
    Where ever I see Chet's name, there always seems to be an argument going when I peek in. Is it just me or do you all see a pattern here?

LVjetboy
    Bring on the popcorn!
    HBjet:
    Speed: 80.6@52-5300 GPS
    Jet: Blue 19’ Eliminator Liberty
    Pump: Berk JC, Legend B (al), MPD loader
    Engine: 454, 8.5:1, rect heads, roller rockers, T/R dual 450’s by DNE, 425(?) hp
    Comments: light load of fuel and perfect water conditions.
    I'm assuming 2 pax?
    Note a Legend cut absorbs way more hp than a Berkeley of the same size, so at 5200 rpm...that's a stout engine.
    Let's see...5200 (conservative) on a stock Legend B is 415 hp. That's about 77 more hp than my engine assuming a stock Berkeley B pump build. My Berkeley B at 5k shows 338 hp and goes 78 mph w/2 pax. Assuming I added 77 more hp to equal HBjet's, my hull would go 85 mph w/2 pax. Of course Hbjet has a shallow v not a mod tunnel. Still, that 7 mph difference is not strange even considering hulls. The bottom line is his GPS top speed is believable and not unusual, entirely consistant with his numbers.
    I don't know HB and certainly not in his "fan club" if there is one? As I'm sure he can verify. But I CAN say based on his numbers and hull, the speed he reported based on a good setup is certainly possible. So is Chets? Although he reports 700 hp...quite a jump! Chet's aggressor B cut and rpms shows 615 hp on a stock pump. About 200 more hp than HBjet. This means that with Chet's hp, HBjet will top 96 mph! Flying by slow-ass low buck Chet with no problem. In the end, it's all about the need for speed. Am I wrong? To me, the evidence weighs in favor of HBjet at this point. But I'm open...
    jer
    [ March 16, 2003, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

HBjet
    Your right LV, no fan club!
    Here is TOOMNYTOYS boat.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/28DSCN1328-med.JPG[/img]
    he said that this motor wasn't in the boat at the time. Anyways, with that beast, he better pass me now.
    TOOMNYTOYS, what HP is that thing and what MPH are you expecting out of that setup?
    HBjet