Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyno'd my new motor at Westech today

HBjet
    Well, my new motor is finished and she was put through the paces today at Westech Performance. You know, that dyno that all the non believers think gives bogas numbers!
    Well, I don't have the print outs yet because they are on disc at my engine builders, but I will have them tomorrow when I go to drop the motor in the boat. Here are a few numbers that stuck in my head though.
    Disclaimer: The numbers I'm about to post are off the top of my head. I will back them up or correct them tomorrow when I get all of the print outs.
    Now that's out of the way!
    6300rpm it made 732hp
    5500rpm it made 702hp
    5800rpm it made 669ft.lbs.
    4500rpm it made 622ft.lbs.
    All of this was on 91 Octane "Pump Gas" (the kind you buy at the pump of a Circle K)
    The motor is a 454BBC, 60 over, 4.25" stroke, Iron Chevy heads (990's) with some very nice port work done to them. SRP Pistons, Comp Cam valve train, Hydrolic Roller, Edlebrock Victor Ram Tunnel Ram which was port matched, Holley 750HP Double Pumpers, and a SCAT crank and H Beam rods. Air temp was between 76 and 83 through out the day, and the water temp was 110 degrees!
    Oh and it was assembled by DNE Motorsports Development, which is in Costa Mesa, Ca.
    Here are a few photos!
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20newmotor001.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20newmotor002.jpg[/img]
    The last run we made, we hooked everything up as it would be in the boat. We used my Mech. fuel pump, and ran the fuel through my fuel regulator, and the numbers where backed up!
    Also, some other good news, I got my interior back today, and I didn't have to wait at all. It was sitting there for me when I drove up.
    So, today was a good day for HBjet!
    Ok, now let all of the "No Way", "That's Bogas", "I'm not buying it because I couldn't make my motor do that" begin
    HBjet

MikeF

I want to see it RUN!

HBjet
    MikeF:

I want to see it RUN! Me Too. In the boat that is!
    I might be going to the lake tomorrow, but I don't know what time....
    HBjet

dossangers
    Looking good and i believe you. should feel real good under your right FOOT!!! WHAAAAPPPAAA!!!!

Havasu Hangin'
    Nice velocity stacks!

77charger
    Havasu Hangin':
    Nice velocity stacks! now we are going to hear jordy say the stacks make more power
    Randy it looks like you are going to be in need of an heritage bronze impeller B cut(you know the one that jack sells the legend copy) oh forgot you prob have one by now.You better get to installing if you want to leave by fri morn.cant wait to se it run this weekend.hope it works very well

Havasu Hangin'
    77charger:
    ...now we are going to hear jordy say the stacks make more power...Looks like the extra HP is from the "speed tape" to me.

Johnwithjm
    Congrats on your new motor HBjet it looks great. Not bad numbers also. If your in the area swing on by the shop so I can take a look up close. Did you get that trim you needed?

novaguy
    Awesome! Just out of curiosity, how much horsepower were you anticapating on making? Did it meet or go beyond your expectations?

ChetCapoli
    oringinally posted by HBJet:
    6300rpm it made 732hp
    5500rpm it made 702hp
    5800rpm it made 669ft.lbs.
    4500rpm it made 622ft.lbs.
    The motor is a 454BBC, 60 over, 4.25" stroke, Iron Chevy heads (990's) with some very nice port work done to them. over 700hp with cast iron heads.....only in California!
    Oh and it was assembled by DNE Motorsports Development, which is in Costa Mesa, Ca.Geez HB...i dont think anyone on this board knew that. OH.....and thanks for the great info!
    Ok, now let all of the "No Way", "That's Bogas", "I'm not buying it because I couldn't make my motor do that" begin
    YEAP...and i'll be the first to acknowledge that too!

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast