Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glastron Carlson CV-23

Walt GGB
    I am researching a jet boat purchase, so any advice would be appreciated. This would be my first boat. Have any of you ever owned one of these with the jet drive? I like the looks of the old Glastrons. I would consider other makes. Plan on using for mostly sking,lakes, and some delta. I want something with a cuddy cabin that two could sleep in without getting to big.Any input or advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Walt

hoolign
    have i got a deal for you j/k
    ive had mine for a year 460, berkley,just doing the floors, check yours out real well before buying especially under the rear seats,ask when fuel tank was checked,other than the floor, it is a good boat in my opinion, i usually cruise with 5 or 6 people and it still goes fairly good for a stock 460 gotta install the diverter for the almighty roostertail and she'll be good to go!
    what is the price on the boat

Walt GGB
    Haven't found one locally with a jetdrive. Still looking and researching at this point.There is a very nice one about 50 miles away but it has a I/O. Dealer has it so asking price is high. What did you pay for yours?
    Regards,Walt

hoolign
    just over 10.000.00 canadian,whats he askin for the boat? and what year is it?
    [This message has been edited by hoolign (edited May 20, 2002).]

Walt GGB
    I can't find the ad it was on the boatrader.com Remember it being an 1983 asking over $10,000 US Did look very clean from pics.

hoolign
    that is high,mines an 89 glastron carlson sport deluxe,dont ask me what the sport deluxe is, from looking around at whats out there i figure i can get around 17 cdn when its done, i should take it to that dealer he could probably get me 30k he he

Walt GGB
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, thats way to high. Besides I really want a jetdrive bigblock. Nice one on e-bay right now, but to far away from me.
    Walt

spectras only
    Walt and Jeff, somebody was asking about a scimitar , way back last year.There's one right now in the buy and sell.Here's the picture of it.I think it has 350 hours on it.Sterndrive model though.Asking price; 16000 canadian.The ad says ,it's from Calgary originally. http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/ScimitarAd.jpg
    [This message has been edited by spectras only (edited May 20, 2002).]

hoolign
    HEY SPECTRAS
    hows it goin down there?hey you dont know what the "sport deluxe' is about on the cv 23? i remember someone askin about the simitar too.

spectras only
    Hooligan, I'm not sure,but think the sport deluxe is a cuddy version,unlike the scimitar which doesn't have one http://free.***boat.net/ubb/confused.gif.I think the fuel tank is in the bow on the scimitar.The scimitar is an oddball [collectible though]boat ,but I could have used those T tops today ,being a rainy one http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif.I thought you would be in osooyos this long weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast