Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glastron Carlson CV-23

hoolign
    the folks were down in Palm Desert so did'nt bother going down,i would'nt mind finding a brochure on a sport deluxe
    [This message has been edited by hoolign (edited May 20, 2002).]

LeadFootTheRabbit
    Walt, I bought a Glastron V-174 last year in Blythe. It has a 327 and a 12jb-b pump. Like the others said look for wood rot and fuel tank condition. Also, crawl down under the boat hull and look at its condition. Does it have any cracks or has it hit rocks or a sandbar. Look at the intake grate. Good luck and have fun. LDFTRBT

AGGRESSOR JETS
    You are talking one of the great classic's
    Art Carlson is still designing winners- He Patent the design lift tunnel effect and we were in conversation with him on his new 30+ Cruiser 1 year ago. Fountain was going to produce this hull & some thing happened. Art lost his wife and it hit him hard but he will be back. How about a 35' full galley, head, 72 MPH on a HI Torque Eng. 1100 HP motor. That what this did -somethings right.

spectras only
    I remember Art doing a 30 footer way more than 1 year ago. It was featured in ***boat.Would that be the one you're talking about? Maybe it was shelved for some reason?BTW the Scimitar I've posted probably would work good with a large impellered jet.These Glastrons get on plane extremely well with moderately powered S/D .

cncer691
    Hooligan, this web site has the brochures for every galstron from 1957 until 1985. I saw a Scimitar here in Florida last week for sale. I didn't know what it was, but I saw it looked disco'd out w/ the T-Tops. I wanted it, but I went to really look it over, and it was gone! Then I found out what It was, and really feel like i missed a fun project boat(my wife would've killed me).

hoolign
    cncer691
    ive checked out a site like that pretty cool old boats can't remember what year, but one had a small galley in a 23 footer,{you never posted the site} http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif they're well designed,the problem i'm having finding info is mine is an 89 jet and the majority were only built till 88 and this"sport deluxe" thing i can't find info on,spectras figured it was to do with the cuddy,
    art carlson..was'nt he on WKRP...IN cincinatiii j/k

cncer691
    http://www.classicglastron.com/gl-the-years-web.html
    Sorry about that, it was late at night.

Walt GGB
    Thanks to evervyone for sharing your info.
    What kind of performance can I expect out of a stock to mild 460 in one of these. Also, is this size boat well suited to a jet? I do like rooster's so don't worry. It just seems to me that most Jetboats are smaller,
    Thanks, Walt

ratso
    Walt, a CV23, 460 jet will do around 60 mph, we restored one a few years back, and I also saw a bronze colored Scimitar listed with Boat Trader for $8000, an 83 model in Oklahoma.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12