Thread: My blown mill

sidewound
    Well here's my old mill. She ran a good long time until detonation. Anyone ever notice their motor seemed to run better than it ever had right before it lunched out? Weird phenomenon? I could use feedback on this. Stay tuned for the welcome home party from the rebuilders. http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_depot/I hate blown motors 1.jpg

hack job
    hey bud your pic link is no good !
    try this
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/I_hate_blown_motors1.JPG[/img]

HOSS
    A motor usually does run really good before it grenades. All tolerances are loose.

wideopen545
    its like the calm before the storm

GlastronGuy
    sidewound:
    Well here's my old mill. She ran a good long time until detonation. Anyone ever notice their motor seemed to run better than it ever had right before it lunched out? Weird phenomenon? I could use feedback on this. Stay tuned for the welcome home party from the rebuilders. http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_depot/I hate blown motors 1.jpgTell us about your hoist in the pic. I was thinking of doing something like that in my garage.

sidewound
    Hey Glasstron Guy I used a 12' I beam across the rafters and wrapped a chain around it. Plenty of my freinds have just used a 4by4 though and it is plenty strong enough to pull motors. The more rafters you can span the better and use a few fasteners to insure it doesnt move.Use a spade bit to drill the holes in the sheathing (if you have it) use a good chain splice and you have joe blows engine shop. All you need now is some muscle to run the hoist. Anyone know where they sell those? I need some more. Peace man
    Sidewound

sidewound
    I've got a 3 ton chainfall, but for the motors I find the 1500 lb. tugger is plenty of beef and easy to handle. No pullchain trying to rattle off your paint either. Peace man.

Blown 472
    They allways run best right before they break, I have gotten to the point now I start looking for trouble if the damn thing is running really good.

sidewound
    Blown 472 Now you got me thinkin. When I get the new mill in and it runs really hard am I gonna be afraid of it goin south? Naaaah. Drop the hammer and see what develops I guess. No expense that overtime at work can't handle. Hey, I just remembered. Overtime sucks. This damn thing better run like crap then my mind will be at ease. I'm hopin to get 36 1/2 mph out of her. At idle that is. Peace man