Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WANNA POST PICS? HERE'S HOW!!! UPDATED!

1HOTGMCJET
    OK, folks, got a request from someone I helped out for info on posting a picture, sooooo, I figured what the hey - I'll post it in here, too - Sure hope this helps some of you out! These are for posting and linking into ***boat, but the other forums are very similar - Good Luck!
    UPDATE: Just thought I'd add in the "new way" to put the pics up and info on previewing posts - hope it helps somebody out!
    1. Go to www.***boat.net
    2. Click on the "Enter Here" icon (not hard to spot - it's the one COVERED in "bikini babes"!!! EASY, right??? lol)
    3. Click on the "Media Center" icon
    4. Choose/click on a category (to post pic under)
    5. Choose/click on a subcategory
    6. At the bottom of the page, click on the "Post your Picture" button
    7. If necessary, fill in the form spaces (if you're already a "registered member", it will fill automatically) - select the category to post the picture under from the "drop down" list
    8. Click the "browse" button to go and locate the desired pictures on your hard drive for upload (if necessary, use the "search" function in Windows to locate your pictures to upload)
    9. Post a caption & keywords in spaces provided (if desired - not necessary)
    10. Click "Post My Picture" button, then WAIT until upload completes (CRUCIAL!)
    11. After upload completes, it will display the picture AND a "thumbnail" size of the pic - to "link" to the picture to display on the board, you MUST use the info (in the following step) to the LARGE picture, not the thumbnail!
    12. Right click on the LARGER (upper) photo (see above), and click "Properties"
    13. Find the Address (URL) and highlight it - right click, then choose "Copy"
    14. Post your reply in the forum, using , then right click again, then click "Paste" (URL copied info should appear), then - so it should read as follows: your picture info - NO spaces, ONLY brackets - UPDATE: You may also click the "IMAGE" button under the "Instant UBB Code" section in the reply window - this will bring up a box where you can right click and click "Paste", allowing your info to show up in that box (Thanks again, OLDSQUIRT!) - this should cause picture to appear in your reply - UPDATE: also, to check if you've done it correctly, you can use the "Preview Post" button(in the bottom of the "Message" box) to make sure your pic appears - I believe there are other ways to do it (i.e. HTML code, etc.), but this is what has always worked for me - it's best to stay with sites that you KNOW allow "linking" (i.e. ***boat, Banderlog, Liquidaddiction), that way your pic WILL appear (if it doesn't, copy it using the above instructions into ***boat or Banderlog or Liquidaddiction) - that's it!!!! I SINCERELY hope this helps all of you out, and A HUGE THANK YOU to Oldsquirt for "showing me the way" - Good Luck and HAPPY POSTING!!!!!
    [ August 03, 2002, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: 1HOTGMCJET ]

mud duck
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/Gator-exterior.JPG[/img]
    I bet this wont work, something about Explorer adding a line.

mud duck
    Well, I'll be dipped in sh*t. I thank you much.

1HOTGMCJET
    WOOOHOOOO!!!! One successful "student"!!! Congratulations, mudduck - I DID make a difference! NICE looking rig, by the way....ENJOY!

FIRE HAZARD
    could not have explained it better my self... wink

Bahner tunnel
    Do I get 1/2 credit for my complete lack of computer knowledge by failing to post a picture , bau tinstead posting a link to it ? (DUH)

1HOTGMCJET
    Wellll, OK, but all you needed to do was add the before that, and the after, and LOOK!
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/P3010083.JPG[/img]
    TAAAAA-DAAAAH!!!!
    Now you go back and study my earlier post above for homework, young man!!!! LOL

Bahner tunnel
    Someday I will snatch fly from air with chopsticks and will be ready to post pics , your gracious student , Young Grasshopper . Now that the boat is a international super star , it must be worth more right? Thanks

1HOTGMCJET
    You have chosen wisely, young one, but greed is a sign of weakness...... wink Are you selling that rig? Nice looking animal........I'm up to my A$$ in mine, so I can't buy it, but who knows? Maybe fame WILL serve you well....Good Luck!

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast