Thread: Info on FM Custom jet boats

Duke
    worth it or not?
    i have $4000 and i cant wait to buy a boat... if you got a better deal let me know..
    only thing that bugs me is the panther, but i dont expect to be pushing to many horses so i dont think it really matters
    1979 FM Custom jet boat, 454 Chevrolet, Panther jet, runs great, turn key, new tandem trailer, (PT6555), $3999 or best
    offerhttp://recycler.com/img/spot/686784.jpg
    [ April 12, 2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Duke ]

Duke
    heres the pic

BrendellaJet
    have you driven it? I paid $4500 for mine last July, thinking it was in good shape. Ran well, but I could tell it needed a few things. Well, to make a long story short, the boat has been gutted, and is upside down in the garage getting some blueprinting done. Point is, make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. If you think there are a lot of things about it that you would want to change, you may be better off finding something that is a little worse off, that way you aren't paying for items you aren't even going to use. In my case, I am happy with the block and pump, but my interior has been trashed, as were the headers, wiring and all of the controls.

PussyPusher
    Hey Duke why dont you just buy mine at least you have seen it in action and know it looks and runs good I think we might be able to make a deal. PM me if you are interested.
    Shawn

HotHallet
    Duke- Don't get impatient! Keep looking in the boat trader. There are lots of boats in there right now and a few are even in the $4,000 range. Don't settle for a panther pump. Buy a boat with a Berkley and a 454 or 460. No olds or mopar motors or panther or Jacuzzi pump. Nothing but problems and hard to find parts for. It's worth waiting to buy the right boat for you. There is a clean looking Tahiti in the trader right now for $3,500. I have seen a number of boats priced right in between 4k and 5k. Continue your search and you will find a gem! I would take a hard look at that Nor Cal spectra. Looks like an extra clean boat and maybe he will go to $4,500. You have already saved $4,000 so what's another 500? You don't want to buy something you have to sink tons of coin in right off the bat and if you spend a little more the chances for steep repair bills get less and less as the intial investment goes up.

Eric455
    duke call me 818-402-3004
    thanx
    eric