Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rudders. who runs em?

Heatseeker
    I took the rudder off of my boat the day I bought it. Before I even had it out on the water. I even machined down in length the pin that it attached to also. Less drag=more speed, however slight.
    I was shown a long time ago how uneffective a rudder on a jet really is. And I don't mind a little oversteering at idle.

Frosty_pop
    I run the place small polished one. Helps alot on idle steering, didn't notice any differance in speed with and without it.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/390diverter-med.jpg[/img]

i have a brand new small place rudder and it is for sale for 50$626-991-9031 todd

MikeF
    If you do most of your boating w/ family, then I would put one on. When you are running along and slow to attempt to avoid some type of obstruction in front of you...you'll be glad you did idea .
    Racing (in a controlled environment) = no rudder needed (but would still be a "good" idea!).

stonehedge
    I have a berk, and a long berk snoop, and a jetavator. Can I install a small rudder? I always call the devertor a place, but I think the hand control is place, but the actual devertor is a jetavator? Does that make sence? Anyways, can I add a rudder?

VanDeano
    Rudder a big PLUS when docking!

Back Forty
    Tricks are for kids

Danhercules
    victorfb:
    i have been running the large rudder on my berk JC and i do like the control it has at slow speeds, but dont know if it "helps or hinders" at high speeds. i am now installing a place diverter and did not get the rudder. will i miss it? Not if you learn how to drive!!!!!!! smile_sp

JetBoatRich
    I ran both with and without, not much difference. It seems to help in the marina, at the same just watch the gas and you can control the boat without it.

TOOMNYTOYS
    Back Forty is that a Munsen alumn. boat you had their?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast