Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rudders. who runs em?

rivercrazy
    I ran a place large rudder on my AT-309 pump almost all the time on a 21 daycruiser.
    It made a large difference in docking. Also in skiing it kept the boat from being tail dragged by larger skiers.
    I never broke one off either trailering or tagging anything under the water.
    I doubt it makes a speed difference at speeds below 65 or so

Cas
    diggler:
    I didn't have a rudder and ran out of gas at high speed (60mph). well, I had no steering then... Even though the rudder is small, it sure makes a big impact on turning when you lose power at that speed. I'll never run without one again. Wasn't it you that almost ran into someone at Tower Park last year because the rudder broke and it was flopping around?
    I like it without one. I also like docking much better without the rudder, just go straight at the dock at about 2mph until you're about 5ft away, crank the wheel, toss it in reverse and give it some gas. Butt end swings around for a nice easy dock job. It takes a little practice but it works great.
    [ June 29, 2003, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Cas ]

Havasu Hangin'
    roostwear:
    Havasu on a holiday weekend.
    Parker every weekend:

Can't see the wakeboard boats in the pic, though...

SCUBA STEVE
    lmao HH. That was too funny.

victorfb
    oh cmon now... i think havasu and parker both get bigger chop than that on the weekends. dont they?

bp
    at the last njba race, i noticed pete mcconnel has one on his texas tunnel. i didn't get a chance to ask him about it. he runs in the 110-115 range, 9:30ish. his rudder was much smaller than others i've seen, and quite thin. if it helps make the boat go straight, it's probably a good thing. wink

Havasu Hangin'
    SCUBA STEVE:
    lmao HH.
    Steve- there's three more things you can't see in this Parker picture:
    1. Hustler's rudder off his jet is at the bottom of the river...compliments of Riverdave.
    2. That boat just got cut off by a PWC.
    3. Boatcop is (just out of the picture) pulling that boat over for a "safety inspection" (breathalizer in hand).

manuel
    I have a Jacuzzi Y and the rudder is mounted with it sticking out past the end of the nozzle, but in the diagrams they have it going foward,
    I don't see many of these so I don't have anyone who could tell me which is best so I'm hoping you guys know the answer,forward or backwards ? Thanks, Manuel

Back Forty
    TOOMNYTOYS, what is an Munsen aluminum?
    This pic is of a 44' MLB off of La Push Wa.
    Steel hull, and about 39,000 lbs.

CoastGuardSteve
    Did you know Matt Schlimme? He was a good friend of mine from school at Yorktown.
    Steve

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast