Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "A" impeller question

Elk Chaser
    As an old HVAC Tech (among other things) I completely understand the "pump curve" as it is a standard measurement of an impeller (or a fan for that matter) and the proporational relationship of the required HP to turn it at a specific RPM. (It is manufacturer specific to a small degree)
    One thing not mentioned and maybe no one really cares is that you can closely predict the amount of water/air being moved also.
    My question is that the Berkley pump curve chart (at least the one I found) does not go above the A2 cut.
    I was running (before I tore the boat apart) a 4A Berk impeller at 4000 RPM WOT, what does that say about HP?
    If I estimate the chart based upon the pump curves staying proportional from the A2 to the A3 and A4 cuts then I estimate somewhere between 350 and 400 HP. Anybody know of or have a chart for the A4 cut on a Berk?

Wild Man
    Where can you find any of these pump charts?

pops1
    Squirtcha?:
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by skeepwerkzaz:
    [qb] Squirtcha?
    I think we're talking apples and oranges to a degree. I'm running an Aggressor A impeller that has been cut down to an AB. I've always heard (and maybe Pops 1 can add something here) that there is a half size difference between Berkeley and Aggressor. In other words an Aggessor AB would rev about the same as a Berkeley A? Not sure if that's right or not though, or if it is...........why it is.
    Ye-ouch
    Just noticed the price of a stainless impeller. Holy crap dat's a lota scratch. Squirtcha- Aggressor "B" is everyone else "A"
    so your running 1/2 Cut over "A" which would be a A+ to most others.
    .....WHY is
    Frontal Load (Bite), Duration
    of water ride,and from 6- to 32 cfm @ RPM.
    Impeller in its produced state was intended
    to be a Blue Printed standard, and is ran
    by most racers as produced stock.
    Tooling has been flowed & vane standard
    is min. thickness(Volumn Flow).
    Alloy standards were selected for specific
    HP ranges. IE Alum to 450/Mag Bronze 1200/
    17-4 Stainless 1200+ to Fuel Boats.
    The Impeller is designed for Performance
    Improvment, not for your everyday beat
    around to fly or eat rocks.
    The Bulk has been removed in design.& will
    not require a $250.00 Grind Job to open
    passages up. "You can't open them more"
    You can remove Outside Bulk on Mag &
    Stainless- We ask to guide you, HP VS
    outside wall thickness.
    Blue Printing is reduced to a specific Cut, Bowl entree/exit line up, Stuffer and the net fits.
    In Simple, Its Load/Duration/ & Volumn Output.
    Stainless Cost- Is high-
    It tears machines & cutters up, you loose a % of each load due to extream heat @ pour-(Inner core shifts due to heat)
    Mag Bronze is the proven alternative (not Bronze or Alum Bronze) it exceed most others Stainless @ 1/2 the Cost.
    Well proven on Big HP across the country.
    [ October 03, 2003, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: pops1 ]

1FastHallett
    thanx for the information. i dont know who the manufacturer is of my impeller, i bought the energizer kit wich came from american turbin. so i would assume then that they make the impeller, but i dont know. where can i get this information?

1FastHallett
    and also thank you flat broke, i will be giving him a call!

Thanks for the clarification Pops. I won't pretend to understand every word of it, but it did help answer some of my questions. I'll be taking a closer look at the mag bronze when the time comes to replace again.

LVjetboy
    screamdreambrad,
    Impeller curve for Aggressor B @ 5900 = 650 hp. To compare to dyno run you'd need to adjust this number to account for differences in temp, presssure, humidity, configuration, etc. between lake and dyno.
    jer

skeepwerkzaz
    OK,
    So if I can turn 5600 fairly easily I am doing alright. I have only been out with it four times since project completion, and haven't felt good about flooring it yet, I still have an oil leak that must be fixed before I really lay into it. I hope that when I get it tuned perfectly and my bugs worked out I may be able to sneak up near 6K. What kind of speed do you think that will translate to in a Nordic Jet? Any bets, guesses???
    Clay

LVjetboy
    How fast at 5600? Then I'll guess.

jer

skeepwerkzaz
    Dunno,
    Haven't GPS'd it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast