Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skiing w/ Jet

Snorider
    I was wondering if any of you with a large roost ever tried towing a skier with it all the way up. I was towing someone last night (being nice, no roost) And they wondered if my roost would be high enough for them to ski underneath it - i bet it is, but was wondering if anyone tried this out.
    If not, i will post pics if it actually works.
    I was thinking in order to get the roost all the way up, make a sharp turn and have the skier cut inside while the nozzle rises eek!

sidewound
    Sounds neat but you may cet'em in half too.
    Peace Man
    CESAR

oldphart
    depends how high your diverter points. mine would decapitate a skier at full up

Jake W
    For fun when we get board at the lake.I go out in my boat full up nozzel and let my wifes brother and friends run the wave runners through it they love it they said if you get too close it does blow you back mine shoots pretty good so if you stay back far enough it is like riding through rain.I personaly think they are dunb asses for liking it but hey I am all ways driving the boat.It is best to let them get up on you with half throtal and then nail it (jk) now I would not do that
    Jake

Wet Dream
    If your roost is nice and high at a safe skiing speed, use your ski rope to determine the highest point in the arc. While underway and with the roost up, throw the handle in the water and have a passenger let out enough line until the handle is in the middle of the arc. Mark that spot and tie it off to your boat. Let your skier get up and swing to one side of the wake, lift the roost and let them go under. When you put it down, make sure they are not directly behind the jet. There is enough water and force out of that jet at 2800 rpm to force your eyelids open if you hit them with the sweet spot. Best thing to tell them is to tuck and put their head down.

Cas
    make sure your friend has his/her medical insurance all paid up.

Moomawnster
    Being stupid is up to you . eek! would ya ski through this !
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/139rooster.jpg[/img]

miketsouth
    I played with the roost, trying to ski behind it, up it and whatever when i first got my jetboat. even the little spray off the end of the tail feels like someone shooting a bb gun at your legs.
    The tail is definately dangerous. Probably even too much for riot control

Moomawnster
    You gotta remember .... the water is coming at you 4000gpm + - .... velocity depends on the pump BUT , you are traveling at least 35 mph INTO the water stream ..... assuming 40mph for the jet stream ....thats an impact speed of 75 mph .....
    Even this .... really ...
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/139ROO_.jpg[/img]

Cas
    I remember years ago skiing in the rain. It was like 20 million needles peircing your skin. Being we were still young (broke) and couldn't afford wetsuits, we just wore sweatshirts and Levi's to keep us warm when we skied in the winter. That stuff also didn't let the rain hurt as much although when it hailed, it still hurt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast