Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skiing w/ Jet

Jet City
    No thanks, I think anybody willing to ski in the roost is after a Darwin award. Deep water starts are bad enough with the diverter down.

Not advisable. At least I won't be skiing behind you. eek!

Snorider
    Jet City Rebel:
    No thanks, I think anybody willing to ski in the roost is after a Darwin award. Deep water starts are bad enough with the diverter down. How are deep water starts tough? The guy i pulled a few nights back prolly weighs a good 300lbs and I plucked him right out of the water, and we were starting in about 30' of water....
    Jets were made for skiing... if you cant yank just about anyone out then your pump is prolly not happy... (just my opinion)

Bense468
    None of you guys have ever thrown a diverter up on your skiers?
    My brother used to ask me to throw it up when it was hot and ski through it all the time. He said it stings a little but mine also would run over his head. I did hit him pretty hard once threw him right off the ski. All he said was man that was a lot of water.

Moomawnster
    As you can see from the picture, my roost would pound ya ..... I seriously doubt you could get through it! eek! wink

Snorider
    Moomawnster:
    Being stupid is up to you . eek! would ya ski through this !
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/139rooster.jpg[/img] That roost? No offense, but it is kinda wimpy
    I prolly have another 10' of height on mine, but at 35mph it may not be high enough to clear someone, i know it would at 45 but that is kinda extreme for skiing.
    Here is mine: in this pic i just got done planing off (naturally with trim up) when he took the photo.

[ July 20, 2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Snorider ]

Moomawnster
    I never said it was high , but I still say ya wouldn't get through it

Snorider
    Moomawnster:
    I never said it was high , but I still say ya wouldn't get through it True, very true.
    Would need a wetsuit, mask, snorkel, and body armor to get through a jet at that height

Jet City
    Snorider:
    Jet City Rebel:
    No thanks, I think anybody willing to ski in the roost is after a Darwin award. Deep water starts are bad enough with the diverter down. How are deep water starts tough? The guy i pulled a few nights back prolly weighs a good 300lbs and I plucked him right out of the water, and we were starting in about 30' of water....
    Jets were made for skiing... if you cant yank just about anyone out then your pump is prolly not happy... (just my opinion) Deep water starts are no big deal, just keep your chin on your chest and look down until you come out of the water. Jets do a great job of yanking you out, no doubt.

Checkmate1
    If ya want to try out the roost thing, start out with a tube first. That way you can duck when those million little needle feeling drops of water hit you. I have never been under it, but my cousin was once and I had the trim up just enough that when we hit waves it would shoot up at him just a bit. He was whining like a baby.
    As for "DEEP WATER STARTS" what the hell are you guys talking about ? Do you normally have your skier stand on the shore or something ?? I'm lost, help me understand what you guys are speaking about.
    Only time I ever have a problem (and my pump is whooped !) is if I have a 200lb + person on and I try turning a bit while starting out, the skier actually pulls the rear of the boat sideways. In case you are wondering why one would turn at start is because I go to the river and sometimes a boat will come around the curve and you have to make a lane change. wink

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast