Thread: gullwing vs gullwing vs gullwing

victorfb
    i have heard that the 19' gullwing mold has changed hands quite a bit. but has the quality changed much? i recently saw a carrera gullwing. was told it was before the texas gullwing then later went to bill scotten and became california performance gullwing. i know that bill has been making some very nice 19' gullwings, but how were the earlier hulls? is that 78 carrera basically the same?

Jake W
    Hear are some company that have made the Gullwing.
    Youngblood,Mantra,Sunkist,Condor,Predator(it is skinner and diffrent top),JBX,Whyets Preformance boats,CP,Scorpion,I know there are mor any of you guys know them?And at one time I was told by Terry Favors they wer going to make a TX 2000 same bottom and diffrent top.
    Jake
    [ October 11, 2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Jake W ]

victorfb
    wow. are all of those from the same mold? last i heard is that bill scotten has a deal with advantage and they are making the hull, then bill builds/rigs them. any trueth to that? and back to the carrera gullwing, is that as good as hull as the CP gullwing?

Jake W
    Victor the Gullwing started out as a(as Duane stated a Appollo fishing boat)then Jim Youngblood cut down the sides and made a sport deck then the gullwing design went to or was splashed by all these other Manfs .It was said that Bill paid for his moldes from Earl Smith who got them from Jim youngblood ,then changed the sides in the front and the deck alittle.CP did not make up the gulwing design .There are some cool facts on the thread that Califorina Preformance started trying to find out witch boat he was looking at.
    Jake
    [ October 11, 2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Jake W ]

victorfb
    great. thanks for the info. good stuff.

1Bahnerjet
    Looks like this Guy Built Gullwings Too.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43yonngblood-med.jpg[/img]
    -----
    Thats BANNER with an H