Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Chevy 4X4 Transmission ??????

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have a 00 Chevy 3/4 4X4 53,000 Once in a great while the transmission will shift so hard it feels like someone just hit the truck in the ASS.... It only does it from 1st to 2nd. This is at like 10 m.p.h. Stragest thing I have ever felt a tranny do. The first time I thought someone had hit me.

Run_em_Hard
    Does it seem to shift at the correct RPM? And are you on it hard when it does this?

DansBlown73Nordic
    Shifts at the right point but with very little throttle pressure. Maybe 1500 rpm,s.About 5-10 m.p.h. I think at such a low rpm it must not have the torque to spin the tires.
    It has done it maybe 3-4 times in 4000 miles since I bought it. :220v:

Run_em_Hard
    I would be a little concerned if you do not have a shift kit? I would go to a tranny shop and have them pull the codes from you PCM. See if it will show you anything.

HALLETT BOY
    sounds like a solenoid sticking, have it flushed and add a transmission conditioner ...

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
    Alittle more info on vehicle? is it a diesel or gas? most commen problem with hard 1-2 shift on chevy truck transmission is slipping torque converter clutch or input or output sensor on transmission. I really recommend take to transmission shop that charges for diagnostic. Also does check engine light come on? does this happen after drive on freeway? or when cold ?

QuickJet
    Your tranny is on it's way out!!! Change it before it leaves you stranded. Is what's happening is your tranny computer is detecting slippage in the clutch packs. When it reads the problem it goes into full pressure mode. What your feeling is 100% line pressure so that the trans doesn't slip. It WILL get worse and you WILL be on the back of a tow truck.

DansBlown73Nordic
    Its a 6.0 liter GAS....No check engine light. The truck only has 53,000 miles and has never towed a thing...No way are the clutches bad. The few times it has done it, the truck was driven about 10 miles from a cold start.

QuickJet
    Its a 6.0 liter GAS....No check engine light. The truck only has 53,000 miles and has never towed a thing...No way are the clutches bad. The few times it has done it, the truck was driven about 10 miles from a cold start.
    Your trans is telling the computer that it's slipping. You may not feel it or think it, but the computer does. Not too many things other than the clutches wearing out will put the trans into 100% pressure mode . And don't think that with only 53,000 miles you are somehow imune to tranny problems. I had one go out @ just over 60,000 and one go out at ONLY5,000. It's Chevy shit and it will break. Just pray it's not your torque converter. If it is, it's sending shrapnel through your tranny and your looking at alot of fun.

djunkie
    Alittle more info on vehicle? is it a diesel or gas? most commen problem with hard 1-2 shift on chevy truck transmission is slipping torque converter clutch or input or output sensor on transmission. I really recommend take to transmission shop that charges for diagnostic. Also does check engine light come on? does this happen after drive on freeway? or when cold ?
    Yep. Been there done that. I had a bad converter in my old truck. Once it got hot it started to slip causing the trans. to go into full pressure mode. It would shift so hard that it felt like it was gonna snap my driveline. Could also be the convertor solonoid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast