Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oil spraying from breathers!

Q-ball
    Not alot, but enough to make a mess. I have a 455 olds, moroso valve covers, and push in K&N breathers (2 of them) so I am NOT running a PCV valve. Is this my problem? The oil started spraying out on a long cross-lake 3000-3500 rpm trip to another beach. The valve covers are unbaffeled. Ideas????

superdave013
    You need a different breather set up.
    My boat came with those when I bought it. Made a big mess when running hard. I just swaped valve covers with some that I had on another engine and all was fine. The one's that worked out for me were tall al. breathers with the foam baffles.

BowTie Rick
    Get some risers that are baffled and use different breathers. I run the kind designed for a puke tank system with K&N clamp-ons on the ends. I don't know how to post a picture here, but e-mail me direct and I'll send you a picture of what I have. I am at richardb@knfilters.com
    -BTR

project-speed
    I had that same problem this weekend. I've got a 455 brand new from mondello with mondello valve covers. The thing shit oil all over the place so I put a pcv on one valve cover and left the breather on the other valve cover. This cut the oil problem in half. So i'm still working on the problem. Q-ball is your motor stock? Mine has high compression.

SLO POKE
    I have the same problem. I would like a photo of someones fix! Iam so tired of cleaning up oil after all the work I have done! thanks

waterfn
    Hey Project speed if I can ask, what did you get from mondelo and for what price? I just tanked my block so I need block, crank and pistons, so I was looking at mondelos kit. Thanks dan

beached1
    I had the same prob last summer. I had one pvc going into the base of the carb and one breather cap. Obviously it was the breather that was puking everywhere. So my engine builder just ran another pcv from there and punched it into the bottom of my K&N filter.
    Now my engine is just like a crack smoker. Gotta suck that sh*t in then blow it out.

riodog
    The best, easiest, and CHEAPEST fix for an "oil all over the place" problem,(providing it's not MASSIVE), is the pan-vac system from Moroso. From each breather run a line (I use -12) to the collector on the header on that side. On the header,attach the one-way valve to the BUNG that Paul(Bassett) will weld on the collector ( $50.), then attach the line to the valve. All done! Moroso Pan-vac system, is about $30., if I remember correctly.

INFINITEJJ
    Sounds like ring blow by, check your compression.
    JON

JETBOAT BRIAN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast