Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paging ***boat.....

flat broke
    I notice that the new board only lists the IP addresses of the users as "logged". Is there a way to make that public information? Right now there are a couple of schmucks running around making personal threats etc and I'd like everyone to have access to more binding information than a screen name under circumstances such as these. Yes mosts IPs are DHCP and vary each time the user signs on, however as you are well aware, there is a great deal that can be learned with proper investigation. Asside from that, it helps even the most laymen of users to i.d. those that are stirring the pot under multiple aliases. What do ya say, care to make the IPs public again?
    Chris

Windy
    Yes, ***boat. Can you please find out if HBjetblows is 565Edge/MillerKiller?
    Thanks,
    MissHBjet

1quickjet
    MissHBJet, Check out spelling, puncuation, choice of words, etc. It should tip you off.

Windy
    Well it wasnt difficult by his threats, bad language, and poor grammer to figure out who HBjetblows is. I just would like to ask ***boat to verify it, and do something about it.
    Thank you to all you guys who know that HBjet meant no harm by asking a simple question here, and not in Bench Racing forums, and for the good words.
    MissHBjet
    [ August 15, 2002, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

Windy, I can hear your little voice as I read your posts. You are rather dreamy!!!!!

HM
    Take it easy jetboatguru, you are drooling on the boards!
    Hand check?!? That is what I thought!
    LOL

flat broke
    MissHBjet,
    Yes, I think that particular thread is a bunch of crap and would go along with the idea that its the same ol jackass just trying to mix things up around here. In this instance I'd second the request to verify the identity of the individual making threats on someone's well being.
    However, I am more interested in making the IP address information of each member public. My understanding is that ***boat wanted the boards to be somewhat self policing, and making the IP information public again is a step in that direction.
    Chris

djdtpr
    Make the bad man go away!!!!!

Windy
    HHMM look at that 565/MillerKiller is online right now, and no HBjetblows. A little while ago it was the opposite.

***boat
    flat broke:
    What do ya say, care to make the IPs public again?
    ChrisUhm, maybe! wink There are also some counter-arguments to the public IP display issue. But any case, people need to alert me by e-mail when trouble is brewing. It's not possible for me to monitor every thread 24/7!
    [ August 16, 2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: ***boat ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast