Thread: induction advice

quiet riot
    I'm looking for peoples opinions on which manifold I should use (performer rpm or maybe up to victor jr.)
    Thinking about maybe trying afr heads now also. Thanks for any and all input.
    http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ul...=002100#000002
    The 351w I have now runs fine, just looking for more.
    jd

FastRat1
    after all is said and done to ur 351w...and u can't get anymore...cause its a wasted motor...and u have spent all ur $$$ trying...go find urself a 351 cleveland and then u will have something that will make power...just my 2 cents
    Ron

quiet riot
    just looking for someone who's tried or had experience with something like the victor jr vs performer rpm on a jet application. The boat is set up for the 351w so thats not changing (besides stroking it.)
    I know the 351w is a good foundation and have seen them make lots of power, and mine has held up through tons of abuse and lotsa N2O. I'll take it with its 3" mains for sustained higher rpm use over any other small block.
    Just lookin for general knowledge of different induction types on jets in the 5-6k rpm range, not a motor comparison.
    thanx,
    jd

Jet City
    I don't have personal experience with 351W's, but according to my Edelbrock catalog the p/n 7581 Performer RPM Air-Gap is designed with a larger cross section and taller carb flange, and would be better suited for a stroker than the standard p/n 7181 Performer RPM. It should pull plenty hard past your estimated 6000 rpm redline. I think the HP difference between the Air-Gap and Victor JR. at your estimated rpm usage would be minimal, 6000 rpm's is likely the point were the Victor JR will just start to edge out the Air-Gap, I'd go with the Air-Gap. I know you didn't ask, but with the tremendous aftermarket support of recent years, I think the 351W has become a far better choice than the 351C for a hot Ford small block. Nice boat BTW.

quiet riot
    jcr - I agree with the 351w comment, anyways, I think I'm leaning towards the victor jr from feedback I'm getting from several places.
    The open phlenum (sp?) is supposed to be better suited for the N2O and I've now found a couple reads on 351w stroker buildups that have found the best gains in the 5-6k range with the victor jr's.
    Thanx for any comments,
    jd

HOSS
    Shave the heads and port work(no polish) witht the Jr. Bang for buck.

MoparSanger
    What do you use your boat for? If you tow a skier or a tube run the RPM intake. If you are looking for the most mph run some thing like the jr. intake.