Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Expected salary for Hot Boat ??

spectras only
    Of course there are some examples like ; Bill Gates,54000#foot house [mansion?] 160foot plastic yacht and some loose change in the banks.He got there eventually heh?

ROZ
    As long as you don't pay into California's gas and electric, or fuel companies, you'll be okay. SSSSuuuucckkksss!!!!!!! That 600.00 additional expense per month came from my play money! Guess you gotta pay to play.
    One more thing.....As in any hobby, boating is not an investment. It is; however, a lot of fun and memmories for all of us.
    Start small, then "GO BIG" dude.
    Never go partners either. Someone always gets screwed. But, I would go in as partners on a boat with my dad....Only because I know he'd never use it.
    I don't mean to sound bitter. Just as everyone has said, there a lot (expense) to owning a boat and keeping your priorities in check.
    [This message has been edited by ROZ (edited June 14, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by ROZ (edited June 14, 2001).]

spectras only
    Roz made a valid point,don't go with partners, I have lot of friends who wanted to go partners on a big boat with me,but knowing them ,I would end up being Mr Fixer. I don't know about your mechanical skills,but it's a great asset since there are always some unscrupoluos mechanics who only care about your vallet.If you really want a big boat right away,go ahead,find a trustworthy boat broker by word of mouth ,and don't skimp on a marine survey.I would stick with a single engined model if it will be used inland waters,or a twin if used in the ocean.A 25 Baja Outlaw is a good starter ,or a 29 Scaarab.I rode in those boats and they handle rough water well.Another boat worth mention thats affordable is an earlier Thunderbird 302,242 or 272 LS . Cobalt made a 30 foot Condorr,and a real nice single engined 26 footer 10 years ago.

spectras only
    Roz made a valid point,don't go with partners, I have lot of friends who wanted to go partners on a big boat with me,but knowing them ,I would end up being Mr Fixer. I don't know about your mechanical skills,but it's a great asset since there are always some unscrupoluos mechanics who only care about your vallet.If you really want a big boat right away,go ahead,find a trustworthy boat broker by word of mouth ,and don't skimp on a marine survey.I would stick with a single engined model if it will be used inland waters,or a twin if used in the ocean.A 25 Baja Outlaw is a good starter ,or a 29 Scaarab.I rode in those boats and they handle rough water well.Another boat worth mention thats affordable is an earlier Thunderbird 302,242 or 272 LS . Cobalt made a 30 foot Condorr,and a real nice single engined 26 footer 10 years ago.

FASTECH
    Here are my two dream boats..baja 302, and donzi 38zx daytona...sweet boats i think..
    http://www.animfactory.com/animation...are_md_wht.gif
    http://members.fortunecity.com/baja3...tures/boat.jpg
    [This message has been edited by FASTECH (edited June 14, 2001).]

StingRay
    Well let's see, 65K and married soon. I think the Baja and Donzi are honorable selections but I believe the Bayliner Capri is more realistic... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

ryoung99
    Fastech,
    Please listen to everyone on this list. After being married for 13 years, I just bought my first ***boat (28' Nordic Heat). During the years I have driven midgets and sprint cars and learned (the hard way) if you can't afford the toy (and the wife is not having fun) it will become a burden very quickly.
    Toys like these are much easier to buy than to sell. There is more to life than the a boat, pace yourself. I am not sure where you live but if it is NorCal, gimme a call, you can come along with me to the poker runs. That way you can get the thrill and I will cover the cost. Not trying to rain on your parade, just go slow. Your life is a marathon not a sprint. Don't ever forget that.
    Rick

dcraig
    Never Never Never go in with a partner on a boat. No matter how good is sounds or how well you get along, it will eventually blow up in your face.
    I owned a boat with a brother in law. I did all the work (cleaning, waxing, maintenance, trailer maintenance) etc. It was never appreciated. He also didn't treat the boat very well. Basically used it hard and put it away wet. No respect whatsoever.
    I ended up buying him out and paid well over market value for his share of the boat.
    DON'T DO IT!!!!

FASTECH
    hmmm stingray, your funny http://www.willrich.supanet.com/smileys/3.gif but i think you people are missing what i am saying..i said i myself will be starting at 65,000, my wife having a masters in design and animation will start at 75 or 80,000, thats only starting out, you seem to forget after 5 years the salary for us both will only go up..medium salray for character animator is 115,000..so i think if we both are bringing in a around 180,000 a year, then umm yeah i do beleive i can afford a baja 302, which i can get for 59,000....thankyou for your thoughts though stingray.

FASTECH
    No hard feelings, but it stinks, when people say bayliner capri, i hate those boats, and i know what type of money i will be making..i am not saying that i am getting one once i get a job, but i hope after a year or 2 of working full time, i really do hope i can get a baja 272 atleast...$39,000..seems reasonable enough.
    thanks for all the input, some of you guys helped out a lot..
    http://members.fortunecity.com/baja3...ctures/2.1.gif
    [This message has been edited by FASTECH (edited June 15, 2001).]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast