Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katherines Dock Damage Update

hd&boatrider
    I called this AM about the slip I have reserved for over the Labor Day weekend. The walkways to the docks are what has been damaged. In order to get to your slip they need to ferry you over in one of their boats. I cancelled my slip and won't be going out. I think there will be enough madness. Now that I think about it maybe I will go out and just sit around the docks and watch all the fun and fustration....lol
    It was going to be a mess but now I see a nightmare happening.

HOOTER SLED-
    I'll be up there. Leaving in a hours. I think I will be launching at Telephone Cove. Going to Havasu on Friday though.
    HOOTER

Hustler
    Hey Tom, grab the jet boat and head down to Big River with us.

hd&boatrider
    Hustler:
    Hey Tom, grab the jet boat and head down to Big River with us. Check your PM Hustler

Hustler
    no PM

hd&boatrider
    Hustler:
    no PM It is on the way....

hd&boatrider
    HOOTER SLED-:
    I'll be up there. Leaving in a hours. I think I will be launching at Telephone Cove. Going to Havasu on Friday though.
    HOOTER If you get a chance take some pics of the damage H. Have fun and watch yourself out at LHC:
    Ready for a Busy Weekend
    Law enforcement agencies expect crowded lake over Labor Day
    By Mark Hall
    Local law enforcement agencies are anticipating a busy Labor Day holiday weekend on Lake Havasu.
    Despite record gas prices, all three major agencies responsible for policing the lake — the Lake Havasu City Police Department, the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office and the San Bernardino County, Calif., Sheriff’s Department — are expecting crowds of the same magnitude as Memorial Day.
    The police department will be cracking down on underage drinkers and any other individuals breaking the law.
    “Our zero-tolerance policy will be in affect,” said Police Capt. Randy McCaleb.
    McCaleb said all officers would be working throughout the weekend in 10- to 12-hour shifts to enforce the policy.
    The department will have four boats on the lake and will have two temporary booking stations, one on the east side of Bridgewater Channel and one on the west.
    Additionally, the department is going to be testing its new radio system. In the past, McCaleb said the old system has posed problems in the channel.
    The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office will have seven patrol boats out for what is expected to be the last busy summer holiday weekend. Also, to control crowds, the office will be restricting access to the Sandbar, a popular gathering point on the lake.
    Sheriff’s spokesman Sandy Edwards said deputies will be keeping close watch for boaters operating under the influence. She said sheriff’s safety volunteers will also be assisting deputies to ensure boater safety.
    The San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department will have its River Watch Task Force on the lake, which will bring an additional 50 deputies from throughout the county. The department will have seven patrol boats and six personal watercraft on the lake.
    SBSO Detective Mike Fassari said he is anticipating a busy weekend.
    “Hopefully the weather will keep it down,” he said.
    You may contact the reporter at mhall@havasunews.com.

Outnumbered
    Going out this weekend, is it fixed yet? Should I rent a slip if its not?
    Thanks,
    OL

hd&boatrider
    Old Lavey:
    Going out this weekend, is it fixed yet? Should I rent a slip if its not?
    Thanks,
    OL I don't know. I am going out there in a few hours myself and have a slip until 9-7...I will have to drive by and see what is going on.

hd&boatrider
    I just called and the docks are repaired and everything is fine now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast