Thread: Drive shop in O.C. or vicinity

Formula Dude
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a reputable shop. Any opinions about Extreme Marine?
    Took my boat out of storage (today) found fluid leaking from the starboard drive @ gearcase housing. Checked the usuals, fluid possibly coming from o-ring fwd of bearing carrier. Removed drive, would like to drop it off and have someone repair it. Drive is built by PSA Marine with IMCO upper and gears. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Coach
    Call Todd @ Harman Marine (714) 630-5905. He is great to work with and does a great job. Myself and about 3 other buddies of mine use Harman and all have been happy with the work and service. I know others on this board use them as well. They are located in Anaheim.

gmnhra
    i have chad at gt performance in montclair do all my drive work...always a good experience...
    similar setup..b1 modified to xr straight cut, etc....1 full hard season behind 850 horses with no issues...

Tom Slick
    The guys at Extreme Marine do excellent work at very reasonable prices and they get the work done when they say that it will be done.

01RENEGADE
    I will second that for Todd at Harman marine they do all my service work straight forward guy.

unleashed
    I've heard good things about Extreme Marine. I believe you can't go wrong with them.
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing devil

andy01
    gmnhra:
    i have chad at gt performance in montclair do all my drive work...always a good experience...
    similar setup..b1 modified to xr straight cut, etc....1 full hard season behind 850 horses with no issues... I would check with GT Performance as well. They do great work and are very easy to deal with.
    Speak to Gary or Chad
    909-982-8391

Flashwave
    You won't go wrong with Extreme Custom Marine. They really know their drives and are priced fair. No gouging with this company. They do my race drives and I have not had a failure since I began using them.
    Extreme Custom Marine LLC
    1323a E Saint Gertrude Place
    Santa Ana, CA 92705-5239
    Phone: (714) 546-2206
    Kirk or Paul

Formula Dude
    Thanks for all suggestions and help. Being close by, I went to Extreme Marine. Met Paul and Kirk - outstanding guys. Their shop is impressive and clean. They had good attitudes and were very helpful. They knew my drives very well.
    I do the maintenance on both of my boats. Most guys don't give you the time of day when they don't make a buck. Even though they were very busy, Paul took time and answered my questions.
    Flashwave is right about the gouging and fair price. I showed Paul my water impeller, there was a small groove on the inside of the housing. He looked at it and advised several options. He did this, knowing he would not make any money from the repairs. When I pick up my drive, I will purchase two impeller kits from them.
    Again, thanks for all of your help!