Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clippers Love

Schmick
    jumping higher just makes low bridging easier.... then after we play your game we lace on the ice skates and play hockey and I show you how physical basketball isnt

Schmick
    Hockey is the last bastion of white male domminance in team sports and should be embraced for that.
    plus sports are better when you get to hit the guy with the ball/puck

Schmick
    yeah pre visor-clad, eurokunt hockey gary bettman brand hockey but there are North maerican Princesses like Mike Modano who are as guilty as it as the eastern block is, Hockey before 1993 was great, its been bad since.
    I like hockey, I looooove football but there arent any beer football leagues out there where I can go out and participate in

Schmick
    I wish that USC would have dumped the basketball program and spent Galens Millions on Dedeaux field and buying up Expo Park to build a larger football facility

dmontzsta
    The Lakers almost beat the spurs too, it means nothing.
    The clippers really have no playoff experience, everyone knows how to turn it up in the playoffs.

MayDaze
    The Lakers almost beat the spurs too, it means nothing.
    The clippers really have no playoff experience, everyone knows how to turn it up in the playoffs.
    You make a very good point.

dmontzsta
    Lots of playoff experience on the Clips now too, with Cassell, Mobley and McCarty. And don't discount the fact that Brand, Maggette and Ewing all played at Duke.
    Cassell on a team that never made it past the first round.
    Mobley (I think) never made it past the first round.
    McCarty? never heard of him.

Duke? We are talking the pros now Bob. :crossx:

Old Texan
    jumping higher just makes low bridging easier.... then after we play your game we lace on the ice skates and play hockey and I show you how physical basketball isnt
    Like I said you know very little about the game of basketball apparently. Little bridgers get hurt as that isn't within the rules and serious players take homage. I'm a big hockey fan as well. Having played both along with football and baseball I can compare all.
    I've followed the Red Wings since the Gordie Howe days and love the game. We didn't play much inside in my day as only the upper club teams and colleges could get enough ice time. In my 20's they started to get more inside venues and we got inside, but by then I was playing with the old guys in beer leagues.
    B-Ball after college was industrial leagues and pickup at the Y and such. You want physical try that venue. Bridge somebody there and you may wish you weren't born.
    It's all fun and to each his own.

MayDaze
    Sam I Am has 103 games of playoff experience in 9 seasons, hardly a first round and out bust. Walter McCarty has 38 games in 9 seasons. Cuttino Mobley is actually low man with 14 games. Except for Kobe Bryant, that's a hell of a lot more playoff experience than the Lakers.
    And, like I said, don't discount the fact that those three young kids went to Duke. When you play at Duke, there's really no such thing as a meaningless basketball game.
    If the Clippers make it to the playoffs I don't think its the Lakers playoff experience that they need to worry about. I have a feeling they (Lakers & Clippers) both will be watching the NBA Finals on TV. I still believe it will be the Lakers who bring the next Championship to the Staples Center..

MayDaze
    I am in no way, shape or form, implying that the Clippers are a championship basketball team. They're a couple years and a player away from that. This whole discussion started when a few people said the Clippers wouldn't make the playoffs. I contend that they will make the playoffs and should they be lucky enough to secure a 5 or 6 seed (or better) they could possibly get past the first round. I've said many times, I'm a realist. I like the Clippers to win 50 games and then exit the playoffs like the Griz.
    I hear ya.. Being a fan of LA Teams I just hope Sterling keeps it together and doesn't F Things up.... It would be nice to see 2 really good teams in the Staples Center...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast