Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats best digital camera for boat pics?

burtandnancy
    Nancy & I are going to treat ourselves to one of the new digital camera and printers for x-mas, but don't know a thing about them. Have looked at Canon, Sony and Kodak so far, does anyone have any recommendations for a couple who uses nothing but no-brainer camera's. We're going to want a lot of pictures of our newest boat this summer...

roln 20s
    I bought a Kodak digital camera about 3 years ago and I still love it. It was the best at the time with 1.2 Megapixels. One thing I have noticed- always have batteries. The viewing screens on the back take up a ton of battery power.
    I was looking with my bro a couple days ago and didn't even know where to start- so I found this website on yahoo.com (best digital camera under $500)
    http://pcworld.shopping.yahoo.com/ya...,106151,00.asp
    If you want to spend more- I will recommend whatever my roommate just got. It takes (10) 30 sec MPEGs and like 50 pics all on one disk or whatever his cartridge is. I'll get the name of it when he gets back later. I think it was about $750. But none the less, BAD ASS.
    Good luck -
    Roln 20s

Jbb
    I went thru this earlier this year ...looked at em all and chose a Fuji Fine pix 4800 zoom
    I have been very pleased with it real easy to use ..manual options and very easy to use software for picture uploads.
    When looking for one I was wanting ,
    1 rechargable battery
    2 the ability to take mpeg movies with sound
    3 at least 2 megapixels ...good for up to 8x10 clear prints
    4 a reasonable zoom
    The fuji was the only one inb the price range that had all the features I wanted
    I also was able to buy it online $150 cheaper than locally thru
    17 photo
    very nice people to deal with
    For a printer I chose the HP deskjet 6122
    it prints very realistic photos at any size you like
    good luck!

KCook
    In the interest of adding to the confusion. I have heard that there are now a few video cameras that also have a digital still frame capability. Eliminating the need for two different cameras.
    Just a thought,
    Kelly Cook

Hermosa
    I bought the Fuji FinePix 3800 last week, love the x6 optical zoom, nice photos!

spectras only
    Burt, don't get fooled by pixel numbers. A quality camera like the olympus ultrazoom [only 2 megapixel, 10x optical zoom ]will get you better pictures than most 3-4 mp camera.Go for a camera with the largest objective lens and the most groups/elements with the highest optical zoom rating like 6-10. I like the newest canon G2 or the less prized olympus with 7x optical .One of the best sites for specs is www.dpreview.com ,they have resolution charts for the highend cameras. One of the best cameras for the money is the nikon coolpix series .If money is no object, canon has a digital SLR with 11 megapixel for 8000 us retail wink .Happy hunting

Craig
    It depends on how much you want to spend, but before we went to Tahiti on our honeymoon, I wanted a good digital camera. Ended up with an Olympus E-10. 4 megapixel, uses both compact flash and smart media cards. The best thing about it is it has an eyepiece like a normal 35 mm camera, so you don't have to deal with the sun when using that view screen on the back. The E-10 has the view screen if you like it, but I only use it to preview pic's. I know Eric from Hot Boat and a friend who does a lot of photography for the road rally guys both use the E-10, that was part of my decision as well.
    Craig

Kindsvater Flat
    All my pictures on my website were taken with a Sony Mavica. Its 1.3 megapixal. The only thing I do is take the picture at the highest resolution and then reduce it in photoshop to keep the size down without loosing quality. Plus for the price I paid I won't feel totally bad of I drop it in the water...

BoatPI
    Hey, I take photos for a living. get 3.3 mpxl at minium.
    The hot deal today is Olympus model 3020. On a model closeout at Office Max i beleive, $349. Was $550 three months ago, 3.3 Mega Pixel. Uses Smara Mdeia as storage and will provide nice 8 X 10 prints.
    I use an Olympus model 3040.

DickDanger
    I have been doing a LOT of digital camera research as of late, and heres what I have found.
    Sony has a nice 3.2 megapixel for right around $350. It comes with a 16 mb memory card (I would buy something with more memory). It is the DSC7 model. Warranty is 3 months on parts, 12 months on labor.
    Fuji has a 3.2 megapixel as well, and the warranty is slighty better at 12/12. However, I have heard that quite a few people have had difficulties with operation.
    My advice would be to hit circuitcity.com, that way you can look at the cameras, and also read the customer reviews, warranty info, etc. for
    yourself.
    -DD Out

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast