Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator's new 27 Daytona....what's your take?

HBjet
    Ok, I gave a real quick opinion on the features I did not like on the new 27' Daytona from Eliminator, and I also stated in another thread that it was a comfortable drivers seat in relation to throttle controls compaired to any other boat at the show. So now I want your opinions on the new Daytona. Not gelcoat design, or power packages, just the hull and interior.
    Here is one person who decided to email me what their opinion about me was, based upon my opinion on the new 27' Daytona. And I have another question, do you think this is someone from Eliminator, or a new Eliminator customer who has one of these 27' Daytona's on order?
    Here is the email:
    I have seen as you the 27' Daytona in person. Along with all the others at the LA SCMA 2003 Boat Show. I have always valued others opinions, as long as those others were of the same class as those purchasing the items reviewed. Obviously, you are a traditionalist. Your opinion is reflextive of that. Some day you may awaken and relize the world is changing. The "Bass Boat Windshield" comment along with your reaction to the engine compartment is neanderthal. Taking a look at past styling and design creation along with today's technology will brightly shine a light for you to show you the path of the boating world of tomorrow. Aerodynamics and weight play a hugh part in every thing we design today. Better fuel economy leading the way of priorities. When you can afford a "CAT" such as these or you have obtained the educational background to warrant your claims then maybe, we will respect your opinion.
    Gladiator from Darkness
    HBjet

HighRoller
    HBJet,I was befuddled as to why the canopies stood up so abruptly when the ones on the 26,30 and 33 are swept back and aerodynamic.On the plus side I thought the rear end of this boat was sweet!The whole transom area was curvy and especially the engine hatch which was compact and molded perfectly into the lines of the back end.I also liked the engine compartment vents which were perfectly shaped into the rear corners of the boat.My only question is why they have a 25,26,27 and 28ft Daytona?Are the 29 and 31ft models next?Is Eliminator's plan to cover every foot between 25 and 38?

Jbb
    HBjet:
    Ok, I gave a real quick opinion on the features I did not like on the new 27' Daytona from Eliminator, and I also stated in another thread that it was a comfortable drivers seat in relation to throttle controls compaired to any other boat at the show. So now I want your opinions on the new Daytona. Not gelcoat design, or power packages, just the hull and interior.
    Here is one person who decided to email me what their opinion about me was, based upon my opinion on the new 27' Daytona. And I have another question, do you think this is someone from Eliminator, or a new Eliminator customer who has one of these 27' Daytona's on order?
    Here is the email:
    I have seen as you the 27' Daytona in person. Along with all the others at the LA SCMA 2003 Boat Show. I have always valued others opinions, as long as those others were of the same class as those purchasing the items reviewed. Obviously, you are a traditionalist. Your opinion is reflextive of that. Some day you may awaken and relize the world is changing. The "Bass Boat Windshield" comment along with your reaction to the engine compartment is neanderthal. Taking a look at past styling and design creation along with today's technology will brightly shine a light for you to show you the path of the boating world of tomorrow. Aerodynamics and weight play a hugh part in every thing we design today. Better fuel economy leading the way of priorities. When you can afford a "CAT" such as these or you have obtained the educational background to warrant your claims then maybe, we will respect your opinion.
    Gladiator from Darkness
    HBjet ...Thats an awfully dramatic reply for someone just stating their opinion....Neanderthal......lol....

LUVNLIFE
    It seems like they took it a little to personal.

shockwaveharry
    ...Here is one person who decided to email me what their opinion about me was, based upon my opinion on the new 27' Daytona. And I have another question, do you think this is someone from Eliminator, or a new Eliminator customer who has one of these 27' Daytona's on order?
    Here is the email:
    Gladiator from Darkness
    HBjet [/QB]Sorry, Gladiola from Darkness, your boat just doesn't look right.

Who doesn't think those windshields should be laid back ALOT more? I'll bet just a change to the rake and height of the windshield would make the boat look more well proportioned.
    That's not to say Your opinion isn't important. Go buy what you like and enjoy it. people do it all the time!
    Just ask Honda
    ...and Pontiac
    People buy those new all the time...

twistedpair
    I don't really like any of the canopy designs, either put on a windshield or don't. Does this make me a neanderthal also?
    Hey Gladiola, how much 'educational background' does it take to know that "Reflextive" is not a word?

DogHouse
    For an "edumacated" man, Gladiator sure could use some spelling and grammar lessons! Gladiator, HBJet was expressing his opinions... Take 'em or leave 'em but don't get all hurt and pissy just because they're different than yours. I guess you can add me to the list of neanderthals too, because I'm not crazy about the current trend toward canopied bat-boats. I understand their usefulness for poker runners and others who spend a lot of time at triple digit speeds, but I prefer the more traditional styling of the river hotrods and I also like having the wind in my face. I hope that the manufacturers will continue to offer the classic models so that we still have a choice.
    -brian
    ps: Oh, and one more thing, since when did having money (i.e. being able to "afford a CAT such as these") have anything to do with the validity of one's opinions about design and styling?
    [ February 24, 2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: DogHouse ]

AZKC
    I'm not a big fan of windsheilds either and these look old school anyway not new age like he implies and staring at that green dash all day

"Ass for every seat" they say, but not mine in that one wink
    KC

mbrown2
    Too many shapes and curves, and the windshields look like they came off a Crownline deck boat...and that is no put down to Crownline; I like their boats, just did not expect to see their windshields on an Eliminator....

RandyH
    I guess I liked the way the Bimini folds out of the way on days you don't need it. I am always trying to decide if we need to take it or not.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Boat_Shows/DSCN8236.JPG[/img]
    I would not want to do much wenching in this thing. This type of turnkey power is what you would want in this boat, but I would think that would really limit the true speed capabilities of this hull. My two cents,
    [ February 24, 2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: RandyH ]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast