Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acquisition of Houses at the River & Winter Rental to Snowbirds

MrHavasuCat
    Summerlove,
    We just got a call from the agency that rents our house to the snowbirds and they want to rent it for five days on Memorial weekend for $250 a night. We asked them to determine the age group before we say yes. Have you ever had a problem with damage to your place on one of the "big three" weekends? They are leaving a $500 deposit if we decide to do it, but I am a little nervous about the possible damage to the house.

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Just thought I rejuvinate this one.
    Do you all think it is better to build a semi-custom and rent it or buy a place in an existing area. If I were to buy an existing place, what areas near the water are the better choices..

Chestah Cheetah
    John, ever read a copy of the White Sheet, Havasu paper? Almost ALL real estate, from new builds to existing homes to buildable lots. I have a recent copy I could send you or pick one up next time you're out there.

Kwicherbichen
    I'm still gathering research on this whole subject a little at a time. I think we will be making a move on some property around the end of the season, kinda, sorta, maybe. j/k
    I'll try to let you know what I come up with.

OutCole'd
    Does anyone ever do time share's in Havasu? Say two to three people going in on a place?

locogringo
    Supercrew;
    Just bought a house in Havasu myself. I plan on renting it out for the winter months also.
    If you need details, email me.

MrHavasuCat
    Originally posted by SUPERCREWJOHN:
    Just thought I rejuvinate this one.
    Do you all think it is better to build a semi-custom and rent it or buy a place in an existing area. If I were to buy an existing place, what areas near the water are the better choices..
    From our experience, if you are looking for something that is easy to rent, a central location is more desirable. our house is about 1 mile from the bridge and a lot of the renters we have had like that.

Speedee28
    I was wondering if anyone has a rental property in Bullhead City ???
    I am considering buying a home in the gated Fox Creek Development for use in the summer and rental say from Nov - Apr. The home would be new construction, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, approx 1800 sq ft and have a 3 car garage w/ 2 of the stalls being 40 - 50 feet deep !! I figure I can store my boat year around and the tenant can still have 2 stalls (even for a motorhome if the door is high enough!).
    A few questions:
    1) Does anyone have a home similar to this for rent in the winter in Bullhead City ?
    2) What is reasonable rent ?
    3) Are there management companies in Bullhead that can take care of this type of arrangement ?
    4) Is a 6 month rental unrealistic ?
    5) Are there any RV websites similar to this one where I can take a poll ?
    Thanks for any help & info !!
    Speedee28

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123