Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Havasu locals, not happy on Tuesday!

wishtoHB
    Okay, don't shoot the messenger. I noticed this banter on the online havasu paper!
    Skeeter B 5/28/2003 10:26:22 AM To Out of Towner: Yes it is sad and if we keep letting them do as they please, (i.e., nudity, alcohol to the extreme and not being boaters safe) then they will continue to ruin it because they can. No one is stopping them. I was talking to one of the fire rescue men on Friday and he said that there has been talk about what Palm Springs did with the law about nudity and even thongs. I don't even think that will help, because they will still try to get away with it. I think that it is sad that even on a regular weekend you can't even drive through the channel to view the bridge with out of town guests with children and they have to be subjected to all of that. Also the size of the boat should be smaller to go through the channel on holiday weekends. With the sandbar closed families have no were to go because Steamboat and all the others are taken over by what I want to say the 25-35 years old. LOL. Anyway just wanted to speak. If I didn't own a home here I really would consider a new place to go. But I think something really needs to be done.
    Jack Armstrong 5/28/2003 10:17:57 AM I've heard that the body count from over the Memorial Day weekend is three dead, so far. Aside from tolerating thousands of these aggressive, drunken morons, I wonder if one of their relatives might someday think to sue Lake Havasu City for maintaining a dangerous situation? You just gotta know that if it happens, the hoteliers and retailers who encourage and get rich off the tourists will insist that the taxpayers foot the bill, meaning we, the residents of Lake Havasu. What we have here increasingly is a lopsided concern for the business community and practically none at all for the residents. Even Rotary Park, which is supposed to charge $5 per car for non-residents, never does. It is just another indication that the rights and opportunities of people who live in Havasu are seldom considered. Someone on the radio the other day suggested that a roadblock be set up outside town to check on visitors as they enter our town. Just think how many drunks and dopers and other undesirables could be culled from the herd right there. Not a bad idea, eh? Of course, the chamber of commerce would have a fit, wouldn't they.
    Tony C 5/28/2003 9:11:51 AM Aggresive People Yes I call them the the tile roof kids that are spoiled from day one. The parents (me included) gave them everything from game boy video games, televison in their bedrooms, computers in their rooms, new cars, vacations all over the world. And now we see a big spoiled kid with a new SUV and boats. Yes they are 30 year olds acting like a junior high brat. Evertime you see a small child riding in the back of a SUV watching his own video think about what is happening. Pretty soon he can not go anywhere without being entertained by a new video.

Sleek-Jet
    The Sheriff Dept had a road block on the Highway into Telluride a few years ago looking for drugs during the Blue Grass Festival. They arrested a few loosers, and everyone still had a good time. A couple of months later, these same loosers that were transporting the drugs, sued the county for improper search and seizure, saying that the county had no right to set up a road block. Since then, the sheriff hasn't tried it again. To bad, I was going to go up there and watch the faces of these dickheads as the got arrested.

SCUBA STEVE
    start by banning seadoos/jet skis for one holiday, and see if that would relieve some of the problems. I have a friend with some seadoos & I like to ride them every once & a while. But on a busy holiday weekend they are nothing but trouble. Also ban tubing & sking, for a holiday.
    I am not trying to be a hater, but its so dam packed no one should be trying to ski during a holiday weekend.

Frosty_pop
    SCUBA STEVE:
    start by banning seadoos/jet skis for one holiday, and see if that would relieve some of the problems. I have a friend with some seadoos & I like to ride them every once & a while. But on a busy holiday weekend they are nothing but trouble. Also ban tubing & sking, for a holiday.
    I am not trying to be a hater, but its so dam packed no one should be trying to ski during a holiday weekend. Ban the idiots with lots of money for big boats and no brains when it comes to driving them.

Its like i always said "its all about,poontoons, fishing boats and hot rods"!!!!!!!!!!!! we need to get back to the 70's!!

p.s. "WAKKAS" belong on bass boats!!

STV_Keith
    SCUBA STEVE:
    start by banning seadoos/jet skis for one holiday, and see if that would relieve some of the problems.Ban is a bad thing. Yeah, I don't like those fockers either, but to BAN anything later gives way to banning OTHER things.

SCUBA STEVE
    STV_Keith:
    SCUBA STEVE:
    start by banning seadoos/jet skis for one holiday, and see if that would relieve some of the problems.Ban is a bad thing. Yeah, I don't like those fockers either, but to BAN anything later gives way to banning OTHER things. I hear you keith. I guess we just have to deal with it for now, but something does need to be done, because at this rate we wont have a lake to play on in a few years.
    On a different note, thanks for all the jello shots you threw my way over the weekend! It was great to meet you.

Havasu_Dreamin
    SCUBA STEVE:
    Also ban tubing & sking, for a holiday.
    That what lakes and rivers are for!

MirRoc
    I say ban all boats and seadoos except for SHOCKWAVES !!! we never get out of control!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast