Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Havasu locals, not happy on Tuesday!

Essex502
    Maybe restricting the PWC's to certain areas of the lake/river where they can't cause as much trouble - like Castaic does. Keep 'em in a pen!

SCUBA STEVE
    Havasu_Dreamin:
    SCUBA STEVE:
    Also ban tubing & sking, for a holiday.
    That what lakes and rivers are for! I agree, but during a holiday weekend it can get kind of dangerous out there. Some people dont know what the red flag means.

canuck1
    OK call me an idiot but what is the red flag for?

Havasu_Dreamin
    I agree, but during a holiday weekend it can get kind of dangerous out there. Some people dont know what the red flag means. And that is a perfect reason why everyone should be required take a boater safety class! Or at least prove they know WTF they are doing on the water!

Havasu_Dreamin
    canuck1:
    OK call me an idiot but what is the red flag for? When skiing or tubing or wakeboarding and the "rider" is down in the water the red flag signals all other boaters that a person is in the water.

SCUBA STEVE
    ok maybe its a redish orangish flag, you put it up when some eats it, while they are tubing or sking.
    Boats & pwc are supposed to stay 100' away.
    or its used when a boat is in tow, too let the other boats or pwc know to stay away, not to cause wake around the boats in tow.

canuck1
    Thanks never seen that up here or even in Montana or Idaho. I did see a guy holding up a flag one time in Washington state ten or fifteen years ago and always wondered
    [ May 29, 2003, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: canuck1 ]

Ziggy
    I'd have to agree with alot of what was said by the local Havasupians...I was there over the holiday weekend and only dared to boat early sunday...it was crazy on the lake by 8am so we went south and found a nice quiet spot. Most of my weekend was staying at home, weeding and making sure my house looks nice, pride . Its the first time in many years we decided to come on the holiday(time off work is precious these days). Don't think I'll do it again, I saw lots of disrespectful behavior. Having a good time is one thing but to see the crap and oodles of trash lining the channal shore made me mad.
    We all want to preserve what we enjoy but the holidays, in my opinion need to be controlled better for racious behavior, not having fun or being one lifejacket short.
    The once a year crowd has no pride or respect for the lake and they are the ones who should be watched closely, its not hard to pick 'em out of the crowd either.
    I'd like to continue enjoying the waters of the Mighty Colorado for generations, both my kids love it and we shouldn't have to tolerate the abuse from disrespectful peeps.
    my .02

SCUBA STEVE
    well said ziggy.

Trailer Park Casanova
    A little over 30 years ago, Aspen, Colorado locals took on the same attitude toward visitors.
    Letters to the editor in the local fishwrap spaned pages yaping about the dislike toward visitors.
    This attitude mutated over to the way customers were treated at the local businesses. Kinda like the crap service you get at the Nautical Inn.(Check out the Inns ads and website now,, they tout a "New Attitude")
    Aspen business slid downhill and the city fell on hard times until the attitude changed, and they got the word out. Slowly their economy recovered.
    Holidays on the river are over for me,,, that's it,, but that doesn't mean we're all a bunch of loosers,, not by far.
    The Lake, and the business it generates is why Lake Havasu City exists today.
    You can't beat a weekday on the water at Havasu or the Parker Strip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast