Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Ahhhh Shudup, I don't have too !"

Moomawnster
    Registration # is on the side of all pwc's .... Take a picture if you can ..... I think that annonymity is part of the problem ..... nobody likes being in the spotlight acting like an idiot , thats why they haul ass when confronted .... NONE will face you , because they are wrong and know it ! ..... Moo

Ziggy
    Can't stand those frickin PWC'ers anymore and I rode a stand up for years. Problem with them is the lack of knowledge or courtesy. They think its all fun and games, which is fine and dandy if they do it away from the rest of us but for some f*cking reason they need to involve the rest of us in their fun. Let 'em go and play chicken with each other where it won't cause any problems with innocent boaters. If they play that game long enough they'll kill each other off by themselves.
    Just the other week wife and I are trying to get to the Windsor ramps and these two f*cknuts are laughing and giggling their asses off while dodging each other right between the two ramps inside the "No Wake" bouys. Thats one hell of alot of chop they're creating that the boaters have to navigate. We both yelled and screamed at them, finally one looks up and I hold up my 5 fingers indicating 5mph and pointed them out to the lake...they were nice enough to leave. Obvious renters(matching skis and PFD's) who didn't know better and either didn't get instructions or didn't listen. Countless times we've seen the PWC renters leave the ramp at full throttle. These rental places ought to be held liable for the actions of the rentees since they are the ones releasing these uneducated 1st timers with a deadly weapon. Vicarious Liablity.
    Its a never ending saga that often times ends with a sad story.

Ziggy:
    These rental places ought to be held liable for the actions of the rentees since they are the ones releasing these uneducated 1st timers with a deadly weapon. Vicarious Liablity.
    Its a never ending saga that often times ends with a sad story. Unfortunately I think the sad stories will continue and get worse until some type of mandatory education is implemented for PWC use. frown

Trailer Park Casanova
    Rexone:
    Ziggy:
    These rental places ought to be held liable for the actions of the rentees since they are the ones releasing these uneducated 1st timers with a deadly weapon. Vicarious Liablity.
    Its a never ending saga that often times ends with a sad story. Unfortunately I think the sad stories will continue and get worse until some type of mandatory education is implemented for PWC use. We got T boned in Avalon a short while back by a rental waverunner.
    The waverunner rental business in Avalon had business insurance for his premesis, but nothing on the waverunners.
    Engine/mechanical problems can be easily remedied in Catalina,, hull damage is a real hassle. One doesn't dare cross the channel with any hull problems.
    We ended up shipping our boat trailer over on the barge, retrieving the boat on the trailer, then shipping it back on the barge.
    Our insurance company, AAA was super helpfull. As were some locals we've befriended over the years.
    But what a hassle. Lots of lost days, ruined vacation, and still some out of pocket expenses in spite of what our insurance covered. [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939Picture_5-thumb.jpg[/img] The Casanova Cam
    [ August 10, 2003, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123